Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,369 Posts
I've switched to Bridgestone T32 GT tires from PR4 GT's. Less expensive, turn in on the corners is easier too. Haven't ridden enough yet to figure out if mileage is better on the T32 tires.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: o4xx

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive been running Michelin Road 2 ,they seem ok ,about to change them , i had good results with Pirelli Angel ST on my Hayabusa so i am considering those again aswell

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,369 Posts
Ive been running Michelin Road 2 ,they seem ok ,about to change them , i had good results with Pirelli Angel ST on my Hayabusa so i am considering those again aswell
Trial by fire... use what you think is best and take notes on when you changed them. Miles, type of riding, ease of handling and in the rain, etc. Then try another brand and compare notes. Michelin is good but expensive and the PR4 has a front tire with a broader less peaked profile. Stops good and has lots of siping and that is good in wet weather. But due to that profile it doesn't fall into the corner as easily and it takes more pressure on the handle.
The T32 has a steeper profile and turns in much more easily than the Michelin PR4. Some members had a chance to see how T32s handled in the rain at speed and they did well. Seeing how I can buy a set of T32 tires for just a bit more than a rear PR4 costs I switched to the T32. So far they have done well by me and I don't plan on changing back to a Michelin. Haven't tried a Pirrelli yet so I can't comment on those.

Reactions: rollie and o4xx

·
Registered
🏍Bird 1 - Carb 1998 🏍Bird 2 - Carb 1998
102 Posts
My Bird2 came with new Sportmax RoadSmart III.
I am quite pleased with them although did not run them in full wet yet, just in dump roads.

My experience in the UK weather is still very limited. In warmer places I used to like the Bridgestone BT-023 even in heavy rain although less cold temperatures.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've got a new set of t32's as well, only just about run in, it had the old t30evos but my bike was hardly used before I bought it, and the tyre dates were 2017.
They just felt all over the place when it was wet out which surprised me because I had fitting 2 sets of the t30 eves to my blades before I sold them earlier this year.
I like the t32's, even though there not the GT version. Good tip in and grip, not moved once on me in the wet.

·
Administrator
9,369 Posts
I'll 3rd on the the T's Moved from PR4's and haven't had an issue yet with them over the same situations. And the tip in as XX states is night and day. That also equates to no issues at all with line changes. As XX can attest to when running the Devil.

Reactions: XXGUY

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,369 Posts
I'll 3rd on the the T's Moved from PR4's and haven't had an issue yet with them over the same situations. And the tip in as XX states is night and day. That also equates to no issues at all with line changes. As XX can attest to when running the Devil.
Yep, I can Attest!
Although in Arizona heat at around 104° F and full sun I did hit fairly new tar snakes and I slid until it gripped. The tire had maybe 100 miles on it. That was the only slip up I experienced. Same day 100 miles or so later and older tar snakes not even a wiggle.
To be fair... Beestoy did tell me to take it easy on that set of corners... and I was to my thinking. AZ sun is hot though!

Reactions: rollie

·
BirdDog
572 Posts
Hi is anybody running Michelin Road 5 , what do you think and how long do they last, i ride mainly 2 up
The Road 5 wears well and even with minimal scalping on my ‘bird when running 42/42 psi. I got 12,000 miles out of my last set.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi is anybody running Michelin Road 5 , what do you think and how long do they last, i ride mainly 2 up
Hi Shrek, when I rode my '06 bird before destroying it in a slow, lowside slide but no collision on a very gusty windy and stormy mild winter day in the mountains on a bitumen highway with 300+ corners (fellow Aussie riders would know the Oxley Highway between Wauchope and Walcha in Northern New South Wales) she had Michelin Road 5s on her.

I found them to be a somewhat hard compound and the rear danced around a bit under heavy braking before corner apexes - but incorrect suspension set-up could have also contributed to that. I would have been researching for other brands come tyre change time though.

My current ride - a '21 ZX-14R is on its second set of tyres. The factory Bridgestone Battlax's only lasted 6000km! And were questionable under load also. Shes got Pirelli Angel GT2's on her now. I do lots of two up riding with my better half as well as spirited mountain riding and other activities on occasion that would get the she-Karen's tut-tuting.

Despite the suspension still needing some tweaks I absolutely love these tyres and will be buying them again if they ever wear out haha. They've done 7000km so far and look like they'll make close to the 10000km that lots rave about. I'll probably replace them well before that, but this bike - like the bird did - just calls out to me from the garage every day to ride her and its hard to resist.

I still miss my 'bird though because it wasn't brand new and I wasn't as scared to ride her like I am with the brand new 14.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Geeze, PR2's....... wow they are seriously old tech nowdays. I ran them way back in the early 2000's when they replaced PR1's as the newest tyre from Michelin. Then I had PR3's and PR4's. I have had them all including the R5 on my KTM SDGT ...... but I'd say all the manufacturers have caught up with, and even surpassed Michelin, so whatever you buy will be bloody good wet and dry, solo or two up.

Any new tyre is going to impress greatly..... they really have improved - with both grip and wear in the same tyre - all capable of around 15k kms and able to hang on brilliantly in the rain.

(y)

Reactions: XXGUY
1 - 15 of 15 Posts