Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd share this easy DIY project...hope you like it! :)

The under-seat storage area on my bike looked scuffed up and crappy, so I felt compelled to do something about it. I used some sound-absorbing foam with an adhesive backing, trimmed to size, and it looks amazing now. An added benefit of this foam is it's grippy. stopping things from sliding/rattling around, and dulls the sound of stones hitting the underside.

PS - Yes I've since sorted out that rats-nest of awful tail light and indicator wiring from a previous owner! :p

·
Registered
54 Posts

The under-seat storage area on my bike looked scuffed up and crappy, so I felt compelled to do something about it. I used some sound-absorbing foam with an adhesive backing, trimmed to size, and it looks amazing now. An added benefit of this foam is it's grippy. stopping things from sliding/rattling around, and dulls the sound of stones hitting the underside.

PS - Yes I've since sorted out that rats-nest of awful tail light and indicator wiring from a previous owner! :p

Make sure the ECU is securely mounted. I replaced the bathroom sillicone that had dried with some new bathroom sillicone :D:p. Cheapest way to mount it to the tail tray.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Make sure the ECU is securely mounted. I replaced the bathroom sillicone that had dried with some new bathroom sillicone :D:p. Cheapest way to mount it to the tail tray.
Yes that's a very important point you raise! When I first removed the rear fairing, I was surprised to see the ECU just sitting there and not secured...fair to say that my mind was blown haha! I ended up using some heavy-duty velcro and some more of that foam around it for added protection. :)

·
Registered
139 Posts

Great work, where did you get the sound-absorbing foam from?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great work, where did you get the sound-absorbing foam from?
I used some leftovers from when I sound-proofed/insulated my van. It's an Aussie product, easy to work with, and love it. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts