Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any body bought lately a vista cruise throttle lock for a 1997 carbed bird, I notice mine has a small piece of metal that locks into a hole in the bottom of the throttle housing, haven't been able to find one in stock on the internet. Just got the bird running again after putting in rectifer, stator, and new plug to rectifer, which at first would not charge the battery as the red wire on the new plug would pull out on instulation, resulting in the battery not charging(gotta love those chinese parts:D

·
Registered
403 Posts
I got one a few weeks ago, but haven't installed it. A quick placement on the bike made it apparent that I will have to find a way to connect it to the throttle cables to keep it from moving. The method designed into it will not work. It shouldn't be too hard. I've just had other things to play with.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I've been running with the JAWS, end throttle stop, it's not so much a cruise control, you will need to screw it in tight to do this, not good. It's more of a restrictive closing of the throttle if you need to relax the hand and stop the throttle from snapping shut, it also smooths the action if blipping and there is no need to clench that right hand all the time.

·
Registered
403 Posts
My previous Bird had the bar end type lock. I tried it a couple of times. It made me nervous. I didn't like losing control of the throttle because I use it to avoid problems. The bar end lock was too awkward to disengage quickly for me. The Vista disengages with the flip of a thumb. I still don't see myself using it much. Only when there is very little traffic around.

·
phastasphuck
1,248 Posts
the vista one has 2 lugs on it............line it up so the top one is between the cablles and cut off the other simples really had it on mine for ages........upgraded to the bar end one last year as it looks better I use it when on long Euro trips to give right hand a rest

·
Registered
353 Posts
The bottom of the control housing has a drain hole, neither lug quite lines up with it but you can drill another hole closeby and secure it that way. This method keeps the lever high enough out of the way to avoid accidental activation but allows quick release by flicking up your thumb. I didn't like the lever position when using the throttle cables as the locating point.

I also use it only on the highway to give the right hand a quick rest (light traffic).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts