Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys. I just got back into the Blackbird family with the purchase of a '97 last month. I had a '98 from '01-07 but it was stolen 3 times. I was lucky enough to get it back the first 2 times. Anyone come across this VIN let me know. JH2SC350XWM100786 Thanks.

Enough about that.

I'm trying to figure out if I want to get a Koako throttle lock or if there is another option for full electronic CC. Please advise. I have a 3 hr trip coming up and I need some relief on my hand and wrist. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
A throtle lock will take 10 mins to install and cost less than $100. Electronic cruise control will take a day or more to instal and set you back more than $500, if you can find one. If you want something short term go with a throttle lock. If you do lots of long distance and want real speed control consider the real thing.

I use a NEP CC3 lock and it works fine for me. Vista supposed to be good too. $30.

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
What I use, 70 cents each, I ride all day with these ones on,

Attachments

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,812 Posts
I've used throttle locks. Cheap and expensive. Used the hard flap like pictured above. Had Beestoy's electronic cruise control installed and would never go back to anything else. If you plan on longer forays it is money well spent. If you use your bike for going for a 1 hr ride money wasted.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
548 Posts
Boils down to the $$$$ Bees cruise control is the BEST but of the budget doesn't allow then a throttle lock will work I have used em for decades in some form or another.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Vista works well for little outlay,
+1 I've had a Vista Cruise since 6 months after I got my Bird in 06 and find it great for a bit of relief of my Carpal Tunnel while cruising on longer rides ;)
I did look at the MC Cruise a few years back but at a grand it's way over the odds especially when it needs to be fitted :nono:

Beestoys one does look nice and the price is not bad but I don't do as much long distance riding as I used to so I think I'll just save up for the Goldwing the missus wants us to get :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts