Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Your along time dead..live now
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped my in November breaking the front cowl and screen and hoped to have her back together soon, problem is funds forbidding and lack of time meant I only got it sorted now. Long story short I messed up and didn't prep the bike for a long sit and now she won't start. She's carb model and I think I may of flooded her after putting petrol into her(yes on top of the petrol that's been sitting for a few months now. I killed the battery as she nearly started after turning over a couple of times so I persisted trying, I charged the battery but since then she just gives an almighty backfire and continues to sound dead after it again. I don't wont to ruin anything by continuing trying, so any advice on what to do or could you be able to tell me what has happened. Really appreciate any time you could offer on this, it's just sad seeing her dead to the world. Thanks Aidan

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
It could just be that the battery isn't putting out enough voltage to give the coils proper swat. Charge it fully, let the bike sit a bit and try again.

·
Your along time dead..live now
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bearto to I don't know about a bank sensor. I put new iridium plugs into her about 500 mile ago and she was going fine till I tried to start her after lying up.I'll try the full charge and see if that helps. I was told that if she's flooded to turn the choke off, keep the throttle full open and when it sounds like she's about to start let off! Is that right?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I like you layed my bird down last year and messed up some of my cowling's etc,I tried to start mine when I got back home a few days later with no success. I looked in the manual and determined the bank sensor was triggered. I pulled the fuse and put it back in and viola, i got success straight away. I have a 2003 model and with your's being a carbie, was wondering if it also had a bank sensor. Was hoping some of the gurus would answer it for you as I dont know.

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
No angle sensor on carb models.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Bearto to I don't know about a bank sensor. I put new iridium plugs into her about 500 mile ago and she was going fine till I tried to start her after lying up.I'll try the full charge and see if that helps. I was told that if she's flooded to turn the choke off, keep the throttle full open and when it sounds like she's about to start let off! Is that right?
Correct: choke off and wide open throttle is proper carb de-flooding procedure. Be prepared to release throttle when engine starts.

FMAO

"Speed is Life!"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts