Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,
I was just wondering if any one has used the t32 GT spec tyres yet and if they have, do you guys think there is any advantage going the GT spec over standard t32?

I have the standard t32 on her, and they have been great, but I was wondering about the GT's for future reference.

·
Administrator
9,530 Posts
I've always ran the GT spec. She's a heavy girl and I also double up with the misses.

Reactions: bikerian

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've always ran the GT spec. She's a heavy girl and I also double up with the misses.
One thing I have noticed though when I have braked relatively hard, just after letting off I get a weird slight marbles feeling from the tyres, but it's only for a split second.
That's why I was wondering about the GT spec, thinking it mite look at them next time around.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yer I did spot that when I got the normal t32 variant, but it's been years since I had any thing other than avon 3dxms on blades I had, apart from a few 100 miles on t30 eves I put on them when I sold them, so apart from the slight weird feeling from a heavy braking moment the t32 are great.
I know i should get out more on the bird to gel better with it, and the different characteristics birds have not only with linked brakes but the weight difference.
I just thought I would ask about the GT spec ones, I know people have preferences with tyres and the feel, and what might work for one person might not for another.
I kept having a thought in the back of my head, about it could just be tyre flex I seem to feel with braking hard.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Yer I did spot that when I got the normal t32 variant, but it's been years since I had any thing other than avon 3dxms on blades I had, apart from a few 100 miles on t30 eves I put on them when I sold them, so apart from the slight weird feeling from a heavy braking moment the t32 are great.
I know i should get out more on the bird to gel better with it, and the different characteristics birds have not only with linked brakes but the weight difference.
I just thought I would ask about the GT spec ones, I know people have preferences with tyres and the feel, and what might work for one person might not for another.
I kept having a thought in the back of my head, about it could just be tyre flex I seem to feel with braking hard.
I used T30 GT once and took them off pretty quickly - couldn't seem to get any heat in them and they always felt nervous in the wet.
Put std T30 on and liked them.
Since then I have stuck with the std T31 and now T32

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used T30 GT once and took them off pretty quickly - couldn't seem to get any heat in them and they always felt nervous in the wet.
Put std T30 on and liked them.
Since then I have stuck with the std T31 and now T32
Can you feel the difference in the t32 from the t31?

·
Administrator
9,530 Posts
I've always ran GT versions because of the birds weight. Getting them warmed up hasn't been an issue here in the desert. I've had them in rain and tar snakes and up in the mountains. Never had issues.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I think I will give her another treat and change the swingarm bearings, mite as well, I've done every other bearing on her lol.
Any excuse to strip her down lol.
Thanks for the feed back guy's.

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,463 Posts
I buy the GT but I am also 6'3" and 285# then I load up my big bags and top box and roar into the day/night on 7,000 mile and a 4900 mile trip. Love my GT tires. I need that stiffer sidewall due to weight and extended speed runs out west. Tires performed well in all weather.
Now I needed a rear tire so I could go ride down in Texas. Trailered the bike down for the first time. The dealer had a Dunlop Q sport tire. Round profile and sticky... no luggage on this trip. Nice tire but it probably won't last but 4,000 miles. So maybe it needs to get trailered down to E. Tennessee and get worn out there in 3 or 4 days! Don't usually trailer bikes but gotta save that tire for curves.
A T32 GT will replace it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Took suspension linkage off today, no play in swingarm, all looks good, but needle bearings in dog bone and lower swingarm wornout.
Sloppy movement in it, and grinding like sand is in them, I drawed all 3 bearings out, put new ones in, also 3 new bearing collars, no play now.
All sorted, and put main swingarm bearings away for that rainy day.
Bikes only got 32,000 miles, but wear is wear and PO just not keeping on top of things.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just to update, after a few test rides it was infact the needle bearings in the linkage being worn out, that's what was giving me a weird feeling after braking hard, and the suspension settling back down after letting the brake's off.
All sorted now, feels nice and plush, and I can feel my nitron shock actually doing what it should now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts