Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after my trip in italy ( poor road surfaces) swiss ( marvelous roads ) and france ( good road surfaces )
im wondering what is going to be the real substantial benefit for a touring rider to change the
front fork cartridges
rear shock
i have rebuilt the fronts with new seals and cleaned out the much from the showa cartridge and put in 5ww oil and its pretty well conforming to the road surface
the back is just a showa standard shock with the rebound damping set at min
i weigh 90 kg and carry no heavy luggage or passenger
look forward to your comments as to the improvement vs the cost...
paul

·
Super Moderator
8,375 Posts
Daugherty cartridge replacements up front. He builds them with adjustable preload caps and give you a damping adjustment function. He also does a rear shock upgrade as well. It's very hard to do much better cost wise.
Then for the other rear shock option Nitron R1.
Here's a link to Jamie's sight

·
Play, it makes life fun
1,922 Posts
Daugherty cartridge replacements up front. He builds them with adjustable preload caps and give you a damping adjustment function. He also does a rear shock upgrade as well. It's very hard to do much better cost wise.
Then for the other rear shock option Nitron R1.
Here's a link to Jamie's sight
+1... I got front and rear. Fairly easy install. Could not believe the difference on our rough roads in Illinois. Picture of kit on post #27. Then install after that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: jamiedaugherty

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the kind works fellas!

For sure the stock suspension is lacking in both performance and comfort. Luckily, with correctly configured upgrade parts both areas are significantly improved. Our BD40 shocks and BD20 cartridge kits are just the thing for that :cool:

When making adjustments it is important to note that less damping does not always mean more comfort. In your case, I think the damping set on minimum is actually contributing to poor comfort. That said, the OEM shock is going to be bad no matter what setting you use.

Please feel to shoot me an email if you have other questions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts