Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys looks like someone has painted the alternator cover of my 97 bird with a brush and black household paint, couple of things what was the original colour and whats the best paint stripper for removing it, take care all.

·
Registered
7,580 Posts
The carbie engines were gloss black. So that ones easy. Trick is what's under there once its stripped. If it's got filler to hide scratches. Any good paint removers gonna pull that up too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's ok just need a strong paint stripper if things are ugly underneath that can be sorted cant believe its been dropped as there would be no cover or alternator the other side has corrosion so it could have been looking messy and someones painted it with a brush, can never understand why people wont do a job properly.

·
Registered
7,580 Posts
Depending on your location aircraft paint stripper has always worked for me. Been a long time since I've used any so not to sure of the brand. But again your location can also dictate what you can get. But that type usually will lift just about anything out there including fillers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, im in the uk and im a retired aircraft engineer and do know the military stripper would lift anything even the 2 pack on aircraft but the modern health and safety issues makes anything that can do the job a bit iffy, my brother in law has some stripper so will try what hes got first hopefully the paint wasn't anything special and will lift quite easily thanks for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts