Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I haven't been here very long but I am reaching to anyone and everyone. Me and my wife just very recently had the opportunity to both own a motorcycle. Mine being the bird and her's being a 96 ZX6R. This morning in the wee hours someone or some group of people decided to make off with it. Police report has been done but if anyone has any ideas or info on where or how or what to do next I sure could use the advice. I posted a Craigslist ad here http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/3842047089.html

Y
ou can check it out and read that ad as well. Also, if anyone near me has a bike for cheap. Let me know. Chances are we will never see this machine again. Especially whole. But who knows these days what can happen. I myself am determined to get my wife a bike to ride. It's just that now I need a free bike, no money, all of that went to fixing her's. which was originally a non running out of state bike.

Just finished getting it fixed and inspected for title transfer. It is sure sad.

·
just do it
5,669 Posts
Thats absolutely stinks,and i am sorry for you and your wife,your Mrs must be very sadly dissapointed with whats happened
i hope everything else goes your way.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks everyone. I am actually going to try to put together a fund raiser at Indiegogo: An International Crowdfunding Platform to Raise Money . My wife is a fifth grade elementary teacher, and a really splendid one. We have had a lot of support from the community on facebook as an artist as well as locally in Katy and even here. I am hoping to raise $3500 to get her another bike like the one we lost. This time we will get theft insurance on it and an alarm. Here are some pics.

Auto part Vehicle Helmet Automotive wheel system Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Motor vehicle Vehicle Green Moped Transport
Engine Auto part Vehicle Technology Car
Vehicle Motorcycle Helmet Green Motorcycling
Hair Pink Hairstyle Child Wheel
Motor vehicle Vehicle Auto part Automotive exterior Automotive exhaust

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Sorry to hear about the bike loss,have been there and know exactly how it feels.One thing you can do is check the local track day scene,no idea what is about in Houston area but around here there are a few tracks each holds private track days,some hold regular race days.I would suspect it could get used for the run anything type days,stuff like that.Or it will get parted out,so watch for local ads.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I started up an indiegogo fundraiser for my wife. It is her bike first bike and she is an elementary school teacher that really gives her all to the community and her students. Hopefully I can reach a few generous people and get her another bike soon. I think we have some good perks for anyone who donates. I wish we could afford to get her another one without doing this, but I am pretty desperate to have my wife riding with me again, before we start having children. ;)

Please take a moment to look, read, contribute and/or share

An Elementary Teachers Motorcycle Was Stolen | Indiegogo

I thank everyone here for your support. Ride on friends, and be sure to lock those bikes up. I know I learned my lesson. Although, I still don't know why they didn't steal my bird.

·
Administrator
9,369 Posts
Sorry to hear buddy that went with me on the devils run had his Aprillia Supermoto stolen Friday night, the night he rode up to meet us.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Bummer:shocked:!!:crap: raised in small town and never locked doors or windows. Past year we've been educated by apparent kids or druggies lookin for change in cars. :crackhead:Found sunglasses and stuff from armrest on the seat but thankfully its as far as they went. Cars are now both in the locked garage with the bird behind locked doors. Just put up signs on side gates and un wired cameras on the roof line and by gates. Wired and real monitors may be next. THEN BRING OUT THE ARTILLARY AND "SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND"!!:sniper:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I stayed up all night from 9pm to 5:30am baiting my bird hoping they would come back. I was in full moto gear with a bat in one hand and a fireplace poker in the other. It was a no show though and I have since had some sense talked in to me. Still upsetting though. We had a motorcycle trip planned for the middle of June to New Braunfels with my band to play at a RV camping park near the Guadalupe river. Her new clutch springs and friction plates just came in as well as our two way intercoms. Such a sad day, getting reminded of all this crap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts