Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to get a steel chain guard for the Bird? I was thinking of going to the Loring Timing Association Land Speed Run this July. To enter, I have to safety wire my axle nuts and install a metal chain guard. Aside from some suspension modifications and 2Brs aftermarket cans, my 03 is stock.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Jaws does an Aluminium chain guard, about 1/8th of an inch thick......someone else on here may have used one for the "Texas Mile"(?)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping someone might have done the Texas Mile and had some advice. I thought it would be fun to go all out. I guess there are some roads to do it on, but then I won't get a confirmed speed. I take it the bike does not redline in 6th gear.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
You want to hit your max speed at max power which is more like 9500rpm and not redline.

Someone on here did the Texas Mile and found that the rear tire can slip quite a bit unless you get a stickier "race" tire. He went to redline but due to slippage lost mph.

There is a gearing spreadsheet so you can get mph at various rpm. I would rather run in 5th then not have a high enough gearing and could have gone faster.

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Any engineering firm will make one for you,
Some one with a steel folder,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts