Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 CBR1100XX in the fastest colour.
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually end up with all my bikes race/road/trials needing to be resprung apart from KTMs which seem to be sprung for adult humans.

My first guess for the Blackbird was a Ktech linear 10kN spring which with a 6mm rear spacer really helped the Blackbird out. With the Nitron shock it was even better.

I've just had a rebuild by Brooks suspension along with the Andreani Catridges, they have fitted 10.3kN springs for my weight in full kit which will be around 106kg in full leathers etc.

Just if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Very nice, I almost got an andreani kit my self last year, but just in the end I went with 10nm vfr800 springs and jaws preload adjusters, after forking out for the nitron with remote preload adjuster I called it a day, if I was touring or going out more than once a week I would have got the kit.
How are you finding it now with the andreani internals ?

·
Administrator
12,998 Posts
Have you had a ride yet?
I fitted Andreani Catridges some years ago after years of experimenting with springs, spacers, valving, oil weights etc and it was the best mod I have carried out on Daily Bird.

That said, prepare yourself for expensive oil changes! The Ohlins oil that is used costs an arm and a leg compared to 'normal' oil, is as thin as water and seems to need very regular changes. I was shocked how black the oil was on the first change.

·
Registered
2001 CBR1100XX in the fastest colour.
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you had a ride yet?
I fitted Andreani Catridges some years ago after years of experimenting with springs, spacers, valving, oil weights etc and it was the best mod I have carried out on Daily Bird.

That said, prepare yourself for expensive oil changes! The Ohlins oil that is used costs an arm and a leg compared to 'normal' oil, is as thin as water and seems to need very regular changes. I was shocked how black the oil was on the first change.
Not yet, been using my KTM. Ice and freezing fog don't really suit the Blackbird.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts