Honda CBR XX Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
ignoring whether those bags actually reduce top-speed, don't you think/feel they affect handling as well? I mean, 250kmph without bags must feel better than 250kpmh with 3-bags set on...
Yes they do effect handling. At least I believe they do, but not until I hit 264kmph, at that speed I begin to get a slow oscillation at the back, which is why I believe it is the bags. Since the bags never come off, I actually don't know what the bike handles like at higher speeds. But up to 264kmph, the bike is dead straight and stable. When I first got the bike I found 175kmph was fast, but now that I am used to it, I routinely run at 200 plus on open highway and the bird excels at it. It should be noted here that GIVI states the bags should not exceed 120kmph.

·
Registered
599 Posts
My misses got me a nice compact vegetable steamer and drink bottle for work,
It fit real nice in my back pack.bit of water then in the micro wave,
Nice steamed fresh veggies at work,

I'm sure I did the zipp up properly

On the way home it was about 2 in the morning freeway empty,decided to wind it out a little, pushing 282 kph,
At that stage the bike was just about there,

Now on saying that,,, be very carefull pushing your bird to high speeds like that,
It can become addictive and in turn become very dangerous,

I got home that morning and found my back pack empty
The steamer and my drink bottle gone.
Going that fast on roads where there are cars,oil ect,ect your life could be gone just as quick
If you want to rev the bird out to its limits hit the track,its great fun and a lot more safer,

If you can not look at your tach, while riding fast, you should not be riding that fast,
I'm not trying to put anything on you or insult you,
I have hit a few thing very hard riding over the years, have been airborn into trees and all sorts mate
All I am saying is,
Take it easy :thumb:

·
here's jonny
1,434 Posts
givi says 120 kmh.
shite.
double that regularly, two up. fully loaded with 3 givi and tank bag.
am i going too fast?
the only problem i have when loaded up is the braking process.
then when i take her and bags off and go for a play feels like a different bike.

·
follically challenged
10,716 Posts
to be honest: it´s more like turbulences make it difficult to watch the speedometer above 250km/h (not talking about midgets who ride 200kg birds :rasp:)
so it´s basically based on physics why some can´t look at the speedo :D

·
Registered
599 Posts
Hi,

Getting used to my Bird real quick, but I am very curious to know at what speed the bike redlines in each gear. Particularly curious as to how fast one can go in 1st and 5th gear, but would like to know what redline is in each of the other gears as well. Find it hard to keep an eye on the Tacho while I'm accelerating so hard, rather keep my eyes on the road. This is an academic question more than anything else. Not that I plan to redline the bike in every gear each time I ride it, but I would like to know what the thing can do. Thanks in advance for all replies..
Bordering on thread hijacking sorry trahim,,here's the original :thumb:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Kind of like this one ;-) yet I am sure the buffeting problems would just be the same there :p
haha! I like that one too, it's crazily ugly :eyebrows:
maybe some day we will have some kind of cabined (bmw c1) 3-wheel (piaggio mp3) akira (?) bikes that go 300kph with a prius engine in electro-mode :cool: :eek:

cheers,
Mikey

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

Getting used to my Bird real quick, but I am very curious to know at what speed the bike redlines in each gear. Particularly curious as to how fast one can go in 1st and 5th gear, but would like to know what redline is in each of the other gears as well. Find it hard to keep an eye on the Tacho while I'm accelerating so hard, rather keep my eyes on the road. This is an academic question more than anything else. Not that I plan to redline the bike in every gear each time I ride it, but I would like to know what the thing can do. Thanks in advance for all replies..
I had a 1998 brand new. I did 76-1 120-2 140-3 160-4 186-5 190-6 once I was in the red still going at 11-000 rpm . But I could not focus on the speedo . It was like it was all going round both clocks . ( the hole clocks. ) hope it helps

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a 1998 brand new. I did 76-1 120-2 140-3 160-4 186-5 190-6 once I was in the red still going at 11-000 rpm . But I could not focus on the speedo . It was like it was all going round both clocks . ( the hole clocks. ) hope it helps

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also left for dead . The new ninja with ram air ( just come out) when we both stoped at the lights . The guy asked me wot speed I got up to . I said 180mph and I was not flat out . He said , he was doing about 165-170 and I just disappeared in the distance. Motorcycle news did a test between them at the time saying . There is about 1 mph difference. He read it and said. Bull shit . You just disappeared. By the way. The guy was the manager of Kawasaki in Cheltenham at the time .

·
Registered
776 Posts
View attachment 26565

something like that?
check the numbers before you bust your crankshaft - but then...
there still is the limiter :smilebig:

oachkatzlschwoaf!
From Heisti's graph at 11,000 rpm and rounding upwards (to nearest 5, my bad)

kmph mph
1st 115 70
2nd 160 100
3rd 200 125
4th 230 145
5th 265 165
6th 300 185

I concur with 1st-5th from personal experience but have not gone for it in 6th (my pillion was already quite upset with me and almost snapped my neck when he changed from looking over my left shoulder to my right due to the sudden change in air flow flipping my head in responce. Air is surprisingly thick at that speed more like sticking your head in a fast flowing river!).

At 10,800 rpm (true redline) and being more precise with Heisti's chart data:

kmph mph
1st 111 70
2nd 154 95
3rd 195 120
4th 224 140
5th 256 160
6th 287 180

What rpm does the limiter kick in at and I can tabulate those speeds (11,500 rpm?) next?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts