Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Getting used to my Bird real quick, but I am very curious to know at what speed the bike redlines in each gear. Particularly curious as to how fast one can go in 1st and 5th gear, but would like to know what redline is in each of the other gears as well. Find it hard to keep an eye on the Tacho while I'm accelerating so hard, rather keep my eyes on the road. This is an academic question more than anything else. Not that I plan to redline the bike in every gear each time I ride it, but I would like to know what the thing can do. Thanks in advance for all replies..

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hi,
... Find it hard to keep an eye on the Tacho while I'm accelerating so hard, rather keep my eyes on the road...
uuuhhm...you could rev slowly? eg. open the throttle just a little... :huh:
I think I know why your fuel consumption is so high :eyebrows:

BUT the question is very interesting indeed! I'm looking forward to read what the tech- and gear-guys know.

cheers,
Mikey

·
Registered
198 Posts
1st gear- scary
2nd gear- real scary
3rd gear- ludicrous scary
4th gear- I am getting used to this....it seems a little tamer now.......
5 gear-I wonder how fast I am going.....better check the speedometer......
6th gear- OHHHHHHHHHH YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Danke!!

We can go for a ride sometime if you're ever around Vienna. Or if I'm around Oberoesterreich. Where exactly do you live in Austria?

·
follically challenged
10,716 Posts
Thanks Heisti. We can go for a ride sometime if you're around Vienna. Replied to your post second ago without quote...
sicher kömma amoi a tour mochn, wenn i erstns den schein wieder hob und zweitens neama beim wirtn wohn. is a bissl verschissn die momentane situation bei mir. jetzt bin i im bezirk braunau aber i bin auf häuslsuche im mühlviertl und im ennstal/pyhrngebiet.

international translation:
yes

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Hmmm,well those giant tumors,I mean saddlebags will have to go.

If anyone knows this it should be me as every gear change on my bike comes at 10,000 rpm or more and it goes through 5 or all 6 every time its ridden.
I know you can reach 200 kph in 3rd,I have hit 190 with some tach to spare with 16/45 gearing,you should have 17/44 and most likely hit 210. But I'm eduguessing here.

eduguessing=educated guess !

·
Registered
152 Posts
what's up trahim I can tell you on my bike what i did but i can't say that everyone will be the same 1 gear redline at 11200 the 2 gear redline at 12500 and the same went down for 3rd and 4th but didn't go any further then that it was too fast was at 160 and kept going --- too much traffic on the road but i will try to take it somewhere in the open where i can see what it will do my bother took it too 175 in a short time but he has been riding since he was 14 and now he is 49 i gotta give it too him he can ride --- he did take his bike up too 205 and that's a busa 2000 and by the way i open it until the rev kicked in and then i shift but that's not all the time just when i feel like it. oh and i have a 16/42 gear on the bike.

·
Super Red Devil
302 Posts
View attachment 26565
check the numbers before you bust your crankshaft - but then...
there still is the limiter :smilebig:
You sure about those numbers? 2nd gear only 154km/h? I had the feeling it was higher (before hitting the redline), right about 200km/h... but then again, I don't really pay too much attention to the tacho when reaching those rpms in 2nd gear ;-)

·
Super Red Devil
302 Posts
I said BEFORE hitting the limiter, or even reaching the redline ;-)

PS: Werner ist kult...

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
120 first 206 second, Who gives a shit about the rest, $280-00 in sixth and there was a heap left,
But it is a wonderfull machine in sixth, sticks to the road like a brick, Those Japs certainly know there shit,

·
Registered
87 Posts
i have tested mine of late and i have to back off before i run out of road or balls and it's mainly balls i run out of ..Birds are fast :eyebrows:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hmmm,well those giant tumors,I mean saddlebags will have to go.
You know, actually those bags don't seem to effect high speed as much as one might think. I have the same side bags and a trunk and the bird will climb right up to 264kmph very easily. But that is as fast as I will go with her. I know they will knock some speed off, but seeing 264 with a full kit is still pretty good.

·
Super Red Devil
302 Posts
ignoring whether those bags actually reduce top-speed, don't you think/feel they affect handling as well? I mean, 250kmph without bags must feel better than 250kpmh with 3-bags set on...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts