Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FINALLY, really finally i´ve set up my hydraulic m/c workbench from the storage place below the shelf, where it has been "in standby mode" for the past 4 years.
jupp, right so....about 4 years i didn´t use my hydraulic bikelift.
but, at looong last, today i cleaned the dust from the surface, drilled 4 holes into and mounted lugs, where to strap a bike down onto...avoiding an unwanted *uuups* moment and rolled my ´priller 125 up.
started immediate with fiddling and undoing fairing stuff (fork seals are shot, beneath further stuff...) to get it MoT´d within 2 weeks.
man, it was really a joy tweaking on a bike again, after some while.....my ´bird will be next then!
see ya soon,
fred

·
Registered
404 Posts
nice toy! quite the envy on my side of the computer right now, but what can I do... :confused:

yours envy,
Mikey

ps: at this point in my life I'm really looking forward to seeing you on blackbird one day. trumpets, scooters, workbenches... what will you come up with next? :D

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice toy! quite the envy on my side of the computer right now, but what can I do... :confused:

yours envy,
Mikey

ps: at this point in my life I'm really looking forward to seeing you on blackbird one day. trumpets, scooters, workbenches... what will you come up with next? :D
Yeah, Mikey...in a few minutes I´ll go out of the "Line-office" and lay my hands down onto an Airbus A-320 :)...that´s what´s I´d call a "proper next" *lol*.
No worries, dude...gimme just a call and we´ll meet in real life for small chat and for a"hopfenmalz kaltschale". Only due to my job i´m in a day/night shift change, so it´d take a few tries ´till we both will have spare time @ the same point.
Stay tuned,
I´ll upload some pics from workbench soon.
Cheers,
fred

·
Super Moderator
12,560 Posts
and lay my hands down onto an Airbus A-320
no avoid the 320, 350 and the 380 I did some design work for the wing spars on them :smilebig:

Glad to see you are enjoying getting back to spannering :thumb:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
********** the 380 I did some design work for the wing spars on them :smilebig:

********** :thumb:
THANK GOD it was you, who did wing spar design......i´ve seen pics of the qantas 380 uncontained engine failure (R&R trent), and the wing was like after a shotgun assault.
always nice to read from an aviation colleague via a bike forum ;o)

cheers,
fred

·
Super Moderator
12,560 Posts
Ex aviation now, the rates went down badly for Airbus work so I diverted fully to Nuclear 'stuff' 10 years ago, the A380 was the last aircraft that I worked on, was in at the very start of the project .......

Yes that was a 'bit of a shocker', makes all the calculations worthwhile when you see something like that.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
FINALLY, really finally i´ve set up my hydraulic m/c workbench from the storage place below the shelf, where it has been "in standby mode" for the past 4 years.
jupp, right so....about 4 years i didn´t use my hydraulic bikelift.
but, at looong last, today i cleaned the dust from the surface, drilled 4 holes into and mounted lugs, where to strap a bike down onto...avoiding an unwanted *uuups* moment and rolled my ´priller 125 up.
started immediate with fiddling and undoing fairing stuff (fork seals are shot, beneath further stuff...) to get it MoT´d within 2 weeks.
man, it was really a joy tweaking on a bike again, after some while.....my ´bird will be next then!
see ya soon,
fred
Lucky you..thats a great helping stuff you got there!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Latest pics...

With the Italian hairdryer on it:

Foto 0350.jpg Foto 0351.jpg

Bike on r/h side is my old XS850 (as in another thread reported), now owned by my dad who bought it back from the widow of the previous owner.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
New update,
only little time yesterday...so no big deal:
- new handlebar-grips mounted (I had to cut&chisel the old one´s off...damn heated grips!)
- new brake pads & fluid (DOT4)
That´s it for now, will tweak on it on saturday again....reinstalling the forks (new seals and oil).

·
Registered
147 Posts
Damn! you react fast! .... a little ago you were sad because the bike was abandoned and now you have half of the job done!!!!!:plus1:

·
Super Moderator
12,560 Posts
I bought a bike lift late last year & it makes working on you're bike so much easier...
cheers...:D
but it is quarter to 12 and the workers appear to have gone on lunch break :smilebig:

Nice workshop you have there, couldn't agree more about the benefit of having a bike lift :thumb:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Damn! you react fast! .... a little ago you were sad because the bike was abandoned and now you have half of the job done!!!!!:plus1:
Cheers Mate, if you meant me, I hope I´ll finish the scooter (or 4-stroke hairdryer as some might say) on sunday afternoon...will be MOT´d then asap to get a licence plate.
Maybe the swingarm bearings have to be replaced, which will throw my timeschedule a bit away (I had to wait a week for the fork seals alone).
Will recheck the swingarm again tomorrow......
cu
fred

·
Registered
53 Posts
The workers might have gone to the pub for lunch as the few stubbbies would indicate this!!!
Good help is hard to find...:idunno:
cheers...:D

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It´s finished!

The "Leo" is finished since today. Rebuilt the forks and put all the fairings back this morning. Just found out, that the fork springs have been installed upside-down (the tight spring coils were on top- pic 3 shows the correct installation) and I had to uplift almost 1 liter of engine coolant as well :confused:.
Despite that, it´s fine riding (the usual small checkride after) and ready for MOT....
Foto 0369.jpg Foto 0371.jpg Foto 0370.jpg

1 - 20 of 22 Posts