Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will start this thread even though not an XX owner at present, to discuss what is in the cards for the new XX. What have you heard, what do you know, who do you know thats telling you what you know ;)

Im just wondering since I have heard of a new version for the past few years, but nothing major has arrived. I mean dang Kawasaki even redid the KLR-650 for 2008..but no major updates or a new XX :huh:

Please discuss...

·
Registered
877 Posts
From close analysis and careful scrutiny of Honda's approach to new models the last 5+ years, it appears obvious that they have grown a snatch where their testicles used to reside. :thumbd:

There will be no outright XX replacement. Indeed, in their 10 year produxction run, they only had ONE year of significant upgrades... back in 1999!!! :banghead:

The remaining years have had trivial, incremental upgrades.... digital instruments starting in 2001....higher windscreen one year.... blah, blah, blah. Otherwise, it's just been paint changes. Big whup. :rolleyes:

Happily, I am about to pass 90,000 miles on my 'Bird... just a drop in the bucket for this stone-reliable powerplant, so, I've many many years to go. :clap:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow 90k..thats awesome WC :)

How you liking that FJR and what are your thoughts on the new Connie? Im seriously considering trading the zx10 in for the new connie. Never thought I'd say that but the new con is looking pretty cool.

·
Registered
68 Posts
90K :eek: nice going Warchild! I can only imagine how smooth the FI XX's are since my 97 was carb'd. Can you wipe the smile off your face yet? :D

·
Registered
877 Posts
How you liking that FJR and what are your thoughts on the new Connie? Im seriously considering trading the zx10 in for the new connie. Never thought I'd say that but the new con is looking pretty cool.
Ther FJR has served an excellent role, and I admit I had a pretty big hand in dragging it into the Iron Butt community and making is a mainstay in competitive Endurance Rallies, etc. It has essentially replaced the ST1100 as the main sport-touring platform... the ST1300 was never a real player due to its two main problem areas :brutal heat on the rider, and high-speed instability. Neither has been fixed since the bike was introduced in 2003, so the FJR1300 is the top sport-touring marque in LD circles currently.

That having been said....

The FJR is not perfect by any means, and has some of it's own challenges to overcome. The big one for LD guys is that modest alternator.... 490-watts, nominal. That's more than sufficient for everyday use, but for dudes needing auxiliary lights and full heated clothing running concurrently, 490-watts doesn't do the job.

Fortunately, earlier this year an aftermarket stator that brings the bike to 590-watts was made available (I installed the very first prototype brought into the country last April). And Yamaha really listens to it's customer base: starting this model year, Yammy upped the factory stator to 590-watts as well. Problem solved.

Still and all, the GTR1400 is getting a LOT of interest by the LD crowd, and I am one of them. Sadly, since I went completely ape-shit last summer and scored a new R1, my chances of picking up a GTR1400 when they are available later in the Spring of next year is pretty close to zero....:crap:

·
Registered
124 Posts
since I went completely ape-shit last summer and scored a new R1, my chances of picking up a GTR1400 when they are available later in the Spring of next year is pretty close to zero...

Sorry to hear that - you will be welcome to take mine for a ride anytime...

·
Need 4 speed = Food 4 thought!
719 Posts
I've seen the 2007 Blackbird in Cologne Germany last week. It's exactly the same as the 2006 model (in Europe), they just changed the colouring again. Now it's no longer a two-tone, but again completely in 1 colour: black (which is really no colour, but the absence of colours).
[URL]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/5433/pict0013mo4.jpg[/URL]
So, again for 2007 no changes......

However, there also was a special-paint version (not for sale):
[URL]http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1926/pict0028qr9.jpg

EDIT: why don't the pictures work here? On all other boards these work.....[/URL]

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
(Inline images are disabled because sometimes people tend to post huge pictures that throw off the formatting of the site, plus it can make the threads display very slowly for users that aren't on broadband. So, they show as links and people can click to view.)

·
Need 4 speed = Food 4 thought!
719 Posts
(Inline images are disabled because sometimes people tend to post huge pictures that throw off the formatting of the site, plus it can make the threads display very slowly for users that aren't on broadband. So, they show as links and people can click to view.)
On our Dutch Forum we have a bot that automaitcally resizes the image to the maximum allowed size. Very handy.....

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
If you attach an image here, it will resize and create a thumbnail.

For remotely linked images, you can only do it via CSS or JavaScript, and it doesn't work well in all browsers. Plus, even though it's shown smaller, the user still has to download the full image.

·
Registered
877 Posts
ACK! You Euro dudes suck.... WHY do you guys get to have factory hard bags, and we never, ever had that option?! :crap: Stupid Honda, missing the market...AGAIN! :mad:

We poor slobs pretty much on have the Givi or Hepco & Becker options...

And, in fact, I am about to finally break down and score some Givi's for my Night Train ... the same tiny, slightly gay-looking ones that BrianR has on his XX: the black Givi EN21. They are the smallest (read: thinner) of the available bags... for the application I intend to use them for, I don't really want big-ass, massive E36 cases hanging out in the wind.

Ooooo.... oooooooo.... while I don't care for the orange colors, the paint job otherwise seems quite fitting for a Warchild bike...:evilaugh:

·
Registered
124 Posts
the same tiny, slightly gay-looking ones that BrianR has on his XX: the black Givi EN21.
That would be something like this...

Have seen several on Ebay lately Warchild. You might get a deal there yet.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have read that the next Blackbird will have a 1200cc power plant, V5 engine config with 200 horsepower at the rear wheel and totally new styling.
There will be more HONDA moto gp technology on the Blackbird than the current CBR1000 whilst still retaining its sports tourer tag

Hey don't ask me, it's probably all crap but I hope not

1 - 20 of 34 Posts