Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks , there`s a small push-in bulb at the extreme front of the headlamp shell , the bulb has blown and I don`t have a manual so I don`t know it`s exact function , she`s a 2007 model , any help would be appreciated , thanks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It’s the sidelight (or parking light) bulb, accessed from a removable panel under the nosecone. Twist the holder and remove, then replace the bulb with a W5W iirc.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
It’s the sidelight (or parking light) bulb, accessed from a removable panel under the nosecone. Twist the holder and remove, then replace the bulb with a W5W iirc.
Do you twist to the left or right? Some people have said to just pull it but it can't find anything in the workshop manual.

Cheers.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Do you twist to the left or right? Some people have said to just pull it but it can't find anything in the workshop manual.

Cheers.
Off the top of my head I don’t remember, but if you look at the bulb holder, you should be able to see which way to turn

·
Registered
329 Posts
The plastic holder pushes into a rubber grommet, pulls straight out.
It has a bit of a recess that holds it in place. I used a sealpick to pull it out

The bulb is a capless type, so you should just pull the bulb out of the holder.
Push the bulb into the holder, when you put the holder back into the light, the wires
should lay backwards towards the dash, and the holder recess "seats" back into the light.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Thanks for the pictures, Punts, I know what I'm doing now!

Been fiddling with it for a while and you have to make sure the flap is put back perfectly, otherwise it falls out God knows where and you lose it, like I have.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, Jago , I wasn`t sure of it`s function because it`s so small , thanks again.

·
Registered
856 Posts
… God knows where and you lose it, like I have.
Expensive piece of plastic mm² for mm²!
Desc. : Honda Cap Maintenance NH1
part#: 64365-MAT-000ZA:

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Expensive piece of plastic mm² for mm²!
Desc. : Honda Cap Maintenance NH1
part#: 64365-MAT-000ZA:

Thanks for this, noticed that it also fits the VFR800, will have to see if there's one under the light on my VFR800 1999. Knowing my luck it will be the wrong year!

I live about 30 mins from Fowlers so will probably go in and pick up a few fairing bolts, battery strap, tool kit strap and other little do-dads to make her "just right".

Will have to start a new thread about how many miles people are getting from a tank, when I take it easy (want to keep my licence) it's about 100 miles to the tank. I had something similar with the VFR, was a bit juicy to run until I had the tank off one day and noticed a vacuum line had come off. Once reconnected I got about 30% more out of a tank.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Will have to start a new thread about how many miles people are getting from a tank, when I take it easy (want to keep my licence) it's about 100 miles to the tank. I had something similar with the VFR, was a bit juicy to run until I had the tank off one day and noticed a vacuum line had come off. Once reconnected I got about 30% more out of a tank.
You should be getting 200 miles to a full tank.
320km is range of my carb bird. Newer birds even more, bigger tank. Country riding. 60 to 70 mph.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Thanks for this…

… Will have to start a new thread about how many miles people are getting from a tank, when I take it easy (want to keep my licence) it's about 100 miles to the tank.
You're very welcome.

Re mileage hmmm 100 miles sounds v heavy city traffic riding else I concur with leighb c 200 is closer re motorway/ freeway riding (rem carbies have smaller tanks than FIs i.e. 21L v 24L though, no, they aren't interchangeable… I've looked into it and obvs carbie v FI not directly comparable re mpg though "similar". Also watch out for folk quoting mpg re US gallon v Imperial gallon being different by definition).

·
Super Moderator
8,999 Posts
If your mileage is that bad and it's a FI. STOP running it until you have pulled the vacuum line on the FPR and verified it is bone dry. Also verify your oil isn't fuel smelling. If either of these exist you may have split the diaphram. The result it raw fuel is dumped into the crankcase taking out main and rod bearings.

Reactions: Big-Bird

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
If your mileage is that bad and it's a FI. STOP running it until you have pulled the vacuum line on the FPR and verified it is bone dry. Also verify your oil isn't fuel smelling. If either of these exist you may have split the diaphram. The result it raw fuel is dumped into the crankcase taking out main and rod bearings.
Oh wow, right that's tomorrows job sorted then, investigate with the quickness!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts