Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So time for a new chain and sprockets.

I'll probably go for DID X ring heavy duty chain, but what sprockets to buy?

Going to stay with the stock number of teeth, but I was thinking of giving the Ognibene silent sprockets a go.

Anyone tried them?

·
Administrator
9,369 Posts
Many here in Australia go for original Honda front sprocket (its silent) and something like Supersprox Stealth on the rear. Dont know if they are available in the UK.
The exact combo I run

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
It's been a long time since my last post here guys,...sorry bout that. Lots of shit happening in my world over the last 2 years sad to say, ( that i wont get into here), but....... Only put 1918km's on this past season, split between both my Honda XX and 1000RR/R, due to Covid crap, in part, and lack of enthusiasm. I'm hoping that might change next season, but there's no telling with this shit show that we are in. Anyway..........

I'm also looking to do the chain and sprocket replacement.....after putting 70,000km's on my latest set (with Scott Oiler in use mind you). Shame on me, but I'd not paid much attention to the chain other than cleaning and such, for a lot of miles. My brother in-law noticed noise coming from my XX this summer and I had a closer look at the rear sprocket...it was shot. I've been running a Supersprox RST-499-44-GLD on the rear Dymag wheel. I'm looking for the same unit but not finding any available. DO NOT USE MY LISTED PART NUMBER FOR YOUR STOCK 1100XX fitment, it will not fit a stock XX rear wheel bolt pattern. I've done the google thing and all hits seem to come up negative for this Supersprox part# availability. Anybody else got a line on this part # for me?

I've got the rest of the parts in the bin here just waiting next years install. OEM countershaft sprocket (17T), D.I.D.530 pitch X ring gold chain (again...i've used these for a lot of years with no issue) Just need to score the Supersprox if possible. I've got a "back-up" JT steel sprocket if need be, but really want the Supersprox unit. Thanks for any help. The above part # is for use on a 1999-2006 Hayabusa by the way. in case you might be wondering.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

·
Registered
244 Posts
Recently fitted front and rear probably only done 2000k so far, no doubt quieter and smoother all around than my previous set up. Really noticed the difference first time out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts