Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last few years I have owned the Sidi Adventure and Adventure II boot; a stout very well constructed boot. I have used them both on a V-Strom and my current R1250GS.

I have acquired a 2003 XX that is at the speed shop getting an enema. Then off to the paint refinisher. Then in my hands again and I can’t wait; it is my favorite bike.

I believe in extreme foot protection (and alway have), even more so after seeing a foot torn off from an inexperienced rider who kept going wide. It was fugly.

I like the Sidi Crossfire 3, which is a MX boot, because it is very very stout and protective. I honestly have not tried my Adventure II’s with the BB but have some early thoughts that it might be too large. Has anyone tried the Crossfire 3 with the Blackbird? Would you suggest an alternate that also has an emphasis on safety. Thanks. Bruce

·
Registered
1998 Blackbird
23 Posts
Not really into high end boots apart from owning a pair of made to measure Altberg boots. Used to wear them at work and found them to be ok on the BB.

I'm a tall geezer and like a boot that offers a good level of protection but gives me some flexibility of movement around the ankle area. But as a true Yorkshireman, I have deep empty pockets, just ask the wife.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Thank you for your reply. I’ll probably go with the Sidi ST.
Hello fellow fighter pilot! once again welcome to the Forum. just my two cents here... The Sidi roarr race boot is an excellent boot.
Because of the nature of the accident I broke three toes however the Sidi roarr boot protected my feet otherwise and barely have scratch and are great condition. I'm also looking at the Sidi ST model, it's slightly better so offers better protection. Then you have the Rex model which is even nicer. Hope that helps!

Sidi roarr race boot
Footwear Shoe Sports equipment Product Sports gear

Sidi Rex race boot
Footwear Sports gear Sports equipment Outdoor shoe Elbow pad

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey friend. I just can’t wait until my bird is out of the shop. Thank you for your comments. I ended up talking to a fellow at motodracing (first time I’ve ever talked to them) and he recommended the ST. Sidi boots rule in my foot book. I haven’t tried my Adventure 2’s on the bird but I doubt they will work, it’s a large clunky boot. But f’n stout. I am totally with you on foot protection. You either pony up or take your chances. I always cringe when I see those bad ass wannabe town squids in tennis shoes. Thank you again. Rubber side down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts