Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
golly the response time is 2 minutes, did someone pay the site hosting bill?
question
i want to build my own harness to connect a replica mosfet rr to the 03 xx double plug harness
plug1 3 spades
plug 2 5 spades ( double + : double - and black/ white line
question 1
where can i buy the plugs that will mate with the sockets on the harness?
question 2
what do i do with the black and white line as my rr has just + - outputs ?
the black and white line looks on the schematic to se a segregated earth / neutral line to the tilt sensor cant really understand the point of segregation
thanks for your enlightenment
paul

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,369 Posts
Get someone's old rectifier or find an old rectifier and reuse it?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Paul, why don't you eliminate the harness plug and only use the mosfet plugs, 1 direct to the stator and 1 direct to the battery.

I may be wrong but I believe the black/white wire to switch on/off the regulator. Not needed. To be sure, you could email Jack at Home

·
Administrator
9,369 Posts
Eastern beaver would be your supplier for factory connections on that side of the pond. I have used him myself. Just be advised he has order minimums on some items.
Be advised that black white wire is NOT a neutral but in fact a POWER wire. I just had this same conversation with Paul the other day. Mr. Honda decided to use this color combination in a large number of the power circuits. So be mindfull to check lines with the bike turned on before assuming by wire colors.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Be advised that black white wire is NOT a neutral but in fact a POWER wire. I just had this same conversation with Paul the other day. Mr. Honda decided to use this color combination in a large number of the power circuits. So be mindfull to check lines with the bike turned on before assuming by wire colors.
Do you know the purpose of this wire?

·
Administrator
9,369 Posts
Do you know the purpose of this wire?
It's the 12 volt sense line as stated. It's used to control charging input going back into the battery. It also T's off to power the bank angle sensor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts