Honda CBR XX Forum banner

121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,011 Posts
Not really
But here is another way to check rods. Pull the tank, air box, plugs, right lower fairing and the ignition timing port cover on the right side. With the plugs out, place a 1/4 inch drive socket extension into the spark plug hole and carefully rotate the engine with the bolt. Rotate to over top dead center and about 1/2 way down. Put a handle or ratchet on the end of the extension and making sure you push down inline with the cylinder centerline. You don't want any movement downward. If it does your rod bearing clearance is bad.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think I'm going to do this. Do I need drain oil before hand ECT?

BTW the engine did it again. While trying to start, it froze with a bang like someone hit it with a baseball bat. wham and all stop. Then I pushed button again and no problem. It's almost like someone put something in a cylinder real quick and took it out.

Yes...thinking that could be a clearence issue due to bearing couldn't it. Fuk.

·
Super Moderator
9,011 Posts
No leave everything together just pull the pieces to get to crank bolt on right side (throttle).

·
Super Moderator
9,011 Posts
So I've done what u said, with a thick wire coathanger...no movement
Was it thick enough to push down with good amount of force?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Like hand tight. I put them in couple months ago. They look good...not oily or crusty. I know I don't tighten them hard core but i know(should of ) I tightened them more.

Anyways, everystep I'm doing the rattle gets fainter. Now it seems to rare it's head when engine is hot. Not overhot , just hot. I took the side fairings off and noise isn't so loud. Probably cause noise not echoing in fairing. I do however barely hear a slight lighter rattle noise. That I'm 99% sure it's cam chain.

I replaced the cct in Feb. Could I have received bad one or is there a way to adjust. Supposed be automatic l

·
Super Moderator
9,011 Posts
Also you may be hearing the balance shafts rattle

·
Super Moderator
9,011 Posts
Also have you tried the screwdriver or broom stick touch to isolate the area. Touch it to different areas the sound will get louder as you get closer to the source of the noise.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Also have you tried the screwdriver or broom stick touch to isolate the area. Touch it to different areas the sound will get louder as you get closer to the source of the noise.
Sorry, been gone a bit.

Update

May have found culprit to quite few things. My number 2 carb diaphram is torn. It does not create much vacumn . I believe you had told me about carbs could be the issue.

I can't locate a diaphram for shit.

·
Super Moderator
9,011 Posts
Do a thread search again I want to say there is a place out of England that can get you s fix. Also I want to say some found a later model that worked too.

121 - 134 of 134 Posts