Honda CBR XX Forum banner

101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
That's a good idea with oil pressure gauge. Do ya screw it in to where put oil? I have a bunch of pressure guages.

I sure hope it isn't a rod thing. I'm not a rich man....don't think I can afford new engine. Here is what it sounds like if you can make out the noise

my observation from that recording is that you are definately off a cylinder and firing on only 3 or even 2

until you have that sorted it is very hard to work out the rest of the noises but it doesn't sound great unfortunately, I don't think it is a bearing though, as bearing knock will get worst as the revs go up

oil pressure is measured from the oil pressure switch which is at the back of the engine to the right - it has a rubber cap on it and is just below the thermostat housing slightly to the right

·
Registered
873 Posts
One more thing....can you manually tighten the cct....I saw a video some guy took out bolt and had tiny screw driver ECT....but its a brand new cct. I would not think bad
Can you manually tighten the CCT this way.....NO. This guy was temporarily tightening it, similar to pushing down on the corner of a car.

Agreed, your brand new CCT is most likely fine.

If you do the screwdriver thing and the CCT /camchain noise is markedly reduced then CCT is most likely worn out. 3-4000rpm is the test zone.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
After you run it for a minute or so are all exhaust headers equally hot? Might point to misfiring cylinder... quick test is spray each header with water and see if they all sizzle.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ho
Just realized something else hear looking at your comment.
1st is this a carbie or FI
2nd of it's a carby then the above statement leads me to think that unless you have done a plug ckeck to verify or have rejetted you may be running lean. Which will make pinging on roll on even easier to do.
How in the hell were you able to pinpoint the number 1 cylinder by that audio? I need this power. You were absolutely correct. Redid the wire on my plug and boom it runs smoother and I see a glimpse of the power it's supposed to have.

Ordering 2 new coils.

Shout out to everyone who helped me and been helping me.

·
Super Moderator
8,841 Posts
Just remembered what your brother said about it sounding like it was missing. And then you mentioned that wire was buggered from before.

101 - 105 of 105 Posts