Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sena 20S. Battery failed. Wouldn’t accept a charge - red light wouldn’t come on etc.

I bought a

“XINLANTECH S850 Replacement Battery 3.7v 850mAh for Sena 20S EVO 30K Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset Helmet Intercom”

from Amazon. £18.99

Put it in, charged it and used it for a day. Three days later it’s flat and won’t accept a charge. Sent it back.

Recommendation for a decent replacement battery for a Sena 20S, anyone? 🙄

·
Registered
530 Posts
Sena 20S. Battery failed. Wouldn’t accept a charge - red light wouldn’t come on etc.

I bought a

“XINLANTECH S850 Replacement Battery 3.7v 850mAh for Sena 20S EVO 30K Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset Helmet Intercom”

from Amazon. £18.99

Put it in, charged it and used it for a day. Three days later it’s flat and won’t accept a charge. Sent it back.

Recommendation for a decent replacement battery for a Sena 20S, anyone? 🙄
Hello Fellow Fighter Pilot! MMMmmm... Could be wrong here but sounds like it might be the unit itself! So no matter the bat. yur still stuck with a flat comm sys... Have you had it long? Can you send the unit back for repairs? Will they exchange it? I personaly have a Pack Talk Bold, First rate! had it now for three years and not a single prob! So... maybe go with Cardo?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Fellow Fighter Pilot! MMMmmm... Could be wrong here but sounds like it might be the unit itself! So no matter the bat. yur still stuck with a flat comm sys... Have you had it long? Can you send the unit back for repairs? Will they exchange it? I personaly have a Pack Talk Bold, First rate! had it now for three years and not a single prob! So... maybe go with Cardo?
Sorted, mate. I ordered one from another company and it’s working fine (up to now). I’ll give it a week or two before making any comment, but thanks reminding me about this thread - I’d forgotten all about it! 🙄🤪🤣

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sorted, mate. I ordered one from another company and it’s working fine (up to now). I’ll give it a week or two before making any comment, but thanks reminding me about this thread - I’d forgotten all about it! 🙄🤪🤣

I take it no further issues with the battery ..!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I take it no further issues with the battery ..!
...Well... From experience, I'd say it's all a matter of luck as to whether you get a fully-functional battery when you buy a replacement for your Sena.
There's no consistency as far as performance/reliability is concerned, no matter where you place your purchase. Besides which, I suspect there could
be a single "battery" supplier trading under several different company names although, obviously, I can't produce any evidence of this.

Since my first post on this topic, I've bought four, differently-labelled batteries from four "different" suppliers.

Two of the batteries wouldn't, either, charge or re-charge and were returned for refunds.

One worked as expected - but the brand is now "unavailable" from Amazon and every other outlet I've tried. Red and Blue charge
status indicators worked as expected and the battery holds its charge for weeks if the unit is left unused (that one's on my wife's helmet.).
The last one (the one I'm using) worked for a full day (eight hours), then needed re-charging. When I attempted to re-charge (from the mains,
(not from the computer) the red re-charging light didn't illuminate. At this point, I had to take a phone call and forgot about the Sena, so, purely
by accident, I left it charging for about five hours. When I remembered it, I went back and found that the blue, "fully-charged" light was illuminated!

Since then, the battery lasts roughly four hours from an indicated, "Blue light" full charge. The red light illuminates when the unit is re-charging, but
the the battery fully discharges overnight, even when fully-charged. I've had to buy a slimline mini power pack that I can slip into my inside jacket
pocket for on-the-road emergency re-charging duties - which is much less expensive, annoying and time consuming than trying to locate a reliable
"two-penny" battery to power an item that would cost £300/£400 to replace.

Thanks for nothing, Sena.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts