Honda CBR XX Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello everybody,
Eduardo did you solve your problem ?

I am having a brake fluid leak from the secondary master cylinder.
I opened it to clean the plastic valve and I have reused the old o-ring since Honda does not provide the part; does anyone know if it is available somewhere ?

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Massi
Do thread search i want to say someone has found a rebuild kit for it.

If its number 4 on this list I can still get it over here. If you can't let me know and we'll see of we can work out a way to get it to you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks Beestoys,
I have already rebuilt the secondary master cylinder, actually I rebuilt myself the complete XX clutch and breaking system with oem and Tourmax kits.
While I was refilling and bleeding I noticed a leak coming from the housing of the green plastic valve in SMC, which I had previously opened and sprayed with brake cleaner. Reassembling I used the old oring (which is now obviously failing) since those genius minds at Honda don't provide a replacement.
I thought it could be the same o-ring which goes in the rear brake master cylinder 14,8 mm x 2,4 mm.. (no. 21 in the exploded view)..probably

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know this is an older thread but I'm new to this forum. My Blackbird is garagemates with a car made in 1965. I've learned from my classic car forums that when brake lines get old, the inner rubber lining can have a piece break partially free that will become an internal flap and act like a check valve.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts