Honda CBR XX Forum banner
121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 · (Edited)
Ooh very nice!

Are you planning on VVing over the leds to make them hidden when unlit?

What connection are you thinking of for wiring then in when mounted? I ask as I'm exploring options for my Givi topbox. Currently it has the Givi brake light kit ((2-pin pogo contact connector)
View attachment 134030
View attachment 134029

I'm adding tail light and indicators (so now 5 wires needed). I though I'd try replacing the Givi connector with a 5-pin circular magnatic pogo connector
View attachment 134028
Then use a straight line magnetic ones for the alurack/ tail cowl section.
View attachment 134027

I wondered if a 2-pin version of either may work for you via the rear indicators as nearest hidden connection point (or more pins if your leds are multi-function too).
Thank you! Had some assembling to do and added some black vinyl around LED's, was painted almost a year ago! Naw!... Going to keep them visible. I'm lovin the magnetic connectors! Remember I'm not an electrical guy! SO not sure what's out there. How solid are they? I have a 5 pin for the Givi and 3 pin for both Givi side cases and beatle bags... Originally I was going to use speaker jacks. Plug in, plug out. Simple and quick. Not as pretty as magnetic connectors.
How do you install? One flush with cowling wall and the other simply connects with magnets? Or do you twist then connections points connect and are magnetized? OR exactly like the pic above but with different magnetic connectors?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Ive just received my magnetic connectors so im learning as I go. The magnets align the pins. So if you attempt to bring together misaligned the magnets force cor4ect alignment. My idea re top box is a pigtail from the subframe to the part where the tail cowl and grab rail bolt down. So a mahnet at end of pigtail and one in the subframe (i.e. when top beimg used I just pull the pigtail off the conectior and isolate it so nothing futher dowstream stays live if the top box isn't there.

Next is to think of mechanic or ne removing grab rail and tail cowl. So embed magnetic connectots to act as aligned contact connectors. The gets continuity from electrucs inside the bike to an outside surface. I haven't yet worked out the best path (thru the metal mount or thru thd plastic shell alone). I'd like to make it all as invisible as possible. Then alu rack is next layer to contact magnetic up. The Givi base plate, the top box.

So I have a lot to think about verses simply a dangling lead from the top box thru the tail ciwl shell.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Re Corbin beetle bags the route would be eithet up at tge rear mounting bolt or probably easier to underside of the OEM indicators. I'll be keeping mine in place so okay re indicatirs when bags are off or my Givi side oannier in place instead). I assume yours are being lost?

I'll keep you posted as I discover pitfalls etc.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
My only concern is will it hold up to all the vibration? Excluding Givi pic above... Hence why I like the plug routine. Not as perdy but solid and wont pop out! Curious to see what you come up with.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
Thanks mate! Yep, Came out nice! Honda wing is an accessory button... Can be used for anything. But for now it might be slated as my on/off switch for my R/R fan.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
I likr the hardware on the woke ! Nice job

Envoyé de mon SM-S908W en utilisant Tapatalk
Thanks! If interested I have a few extra on hand!

121 - 131 of 131 Posts