Honda CBR XX Forum banner
81 - 100 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Ooooh! Shiny! Almost there… I assume the layer of VV will also bring a degree of stability to the BSCG work by effectively laminating it. Can't wait to see it with the light fitted. Great work so far bro…

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 · (Edited)
95% COMPLETE! Still have minor cleaning up to do, and install damping foam around tail light edge, install grills, final rubberization on the inside then add 3 to 5 retention screws and one final heat gun all over...
Hood Bumper Automotive design Vehicle door Automotive exterior

Hood Bicycle part Bicycle saddle Automotive mirror Bumper

Automotive lighting Hood Azure Fluid Bumper

Wood Bumper Gesture Automotive exterior Tints and shades

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive mirror Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior Bumper

Automotive parking light Car Automotive lighting Grille Hood

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Car

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Looking better and better. Real pro looking job!
Thanks mate! So all in all it was a three wk project... I was hoping to “Get r done” within one wk! But seeing this was a first attempt, I should cut myself some slack... However, summer is around the corner!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Ooooh! Shiny! Almost there… I assume the layer of VV will also bring a degree of stability to the BSCG work by effectively laminating it. Can't wait to see it with the light fitted. Great work so far bro…
Yes! To a certain degree... remember the BSCGlue was used just to fill in the gap between tail section & tail light and create a somewhat uniform curve providing a seem less transition from plastic to tail light. The BSCGlue has support from above and below. Filler putty on top and steel reinforced putty below. I’d have to “crash” backwards to ac,tually break it!! Again that you for the compliment!

·
Older wiser and sorer
1,728 Posts
It looks like a shark profile. Maybe a line of sharks teeth would do the trick! Seriously though nice fabrication work.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
5 tail light support screws...
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Hood

Unfortunately holes couldn’t be completely concealed, however, you won’t be able to see it!
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive parking light Waste container Trunk

Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle door Auto part

Much better concealment...
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Automotive mirror Vehicle door

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Great job bro… blanking off your beetle bag indicator recesses is next I guess?

What's the advantage of your rubberisation step and what do you use (forgive me if it's stated earlier in your posts)?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 · (Edited)
Great job bro… blanking off your beetle bag indicator recesses is next I guess?

What's the advantage of your rubberisation step and what do you use (forgive me if it's stated earlier in your posts)?
Thanks mate!! Learned a thing or two during that process... Blanking was done in first build here are some old pictures... Will add new ones once I clean up around turn signals.

GETTING READY TO INSTALL LEFT LED STRIP.

CAN'T REALLY TELL FROM THE PHOTO BUT HORRIBLE HORRIBLE PAINT JOB! WASN'T CHARGED FOR THIS DEBACLE!!!

Fast forward to present and bags have a new pristine black gloss paint finish. Told painter to leave edge so I could wrap it! Pics to come.

As far as "rubberization" goes it gives a nice durable finish that washes easily and help to some minuscule degree with vibration. Every bit helps! Rubber in a can! Usually used for under cars or mud guard protection. So many grades available! Some are grainy while others have a paint like smooth finish. Black, white even clear. The one I used is a home grown product from Canadian Tire, a hardware store, $16 a can. You have other such as "Flex Seal", "Leak Seal" or "Gorilla Glue Waterproof Patch and Seal" or any other comparable rubber in a can.

81 - 100 of 131 Posts