Honda CBR XX Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Thanks Rodney. I've got the Corbin Beetle bags almost sorted (lower bracket alignment to sort) then I can focus on the Givi panniers next. It's a slow burn.

·
Registered
22 Posts
WoW.....!!!! this this is where they hidding the custom bikes...i love your attention to detail...very hard to find guys going that extra mile...you need any custom advise or ideas, let me know...

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
WoW.....!!!! this this is where they hidding the custom bikes...i love your attention to detail...very hard to find guys going that extra mile...you need any custom advise or ideas, let me know...
Thank you. A lot of work and dedication! Maybe even too much! Lolol On this site Pennywise, you'll find everything you'll ever need to know about yur Bird. And the things that people have done. And of course many, many upgrades. GREAT bunch here!

Now... If ya have ANY good suggestions for our collective Birds i.e. cosmetic, mechanical or electrical do share! With pics! Peace!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
So... have everything I need to start anodizing! Only problem now is time! So stay tuned!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thank you. A lot of work and dedication! Maybe even too much! Lolol On this site Pennywise, you'll find everything you'll ever need to know about yur Bird. And the things that people have done. And of course many, many upgrades. GREAT bunch here!

Now... If ya have ANY good suggestions for our collective Birds i.e. cosmetic, mechanical or electrical do share! With pics! Peace!
thanks...this is awesome. Cant wait to start my own thread, but like you said, here everybody has done everything already and i'm more of a Caveman Engineer....

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
thanks...this is awesome. Cant wait to start my own thread, but like you said, here everybody has done everything already and i'm more of a Caveman Engineer....
Lololol Well then! Yur in good company. For I am a "Jack of all trades, Master of some!" Some members here have done some AMAZING stuff to their Birds. And depending on your creativity, time, tools, work area, mech/elec/cosmetic experience and finances, the sky's the limit. Give you a good example...

I had a new Mototech undertail. But when I needed to order another one the company was probably sold or put on hold to find a buyer. So had to rethink how I wanted my tail end to look! By going through this site I found an ingenious upgraded stock tail light! It would take a bit of work cosmetically which would be a snap, and then modifying the existing tail end section to "fit. VFR800 98-01 Tail Light conversion

1612611179657.png
1612611216949.png

I'm considering this sweet conversion using dark smoke...

OR maybe clear...

LED clear taillight Honda VFR800 98-01

·
Registered
22 Posts
I unfortunately made away with my bubble but tail light in my Fi and fitted the Carb Tail light but the smoked LED with integrated indicators. Then I took it out and put it in the the Carb. I then took the Carb's tail light, hacked it up and build a custom tail light for the Fi.
Thank you regarding the avatar bike. That is my daily ride, 98' Carb called "The Black Bike" which was supposed to be my stock bike........I honestly do not know what happened. then I have a Fi as well which is my custom show bike which you will see on here all the time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeth! Got TONS of work to do! With the advent of covid things may take much longer than expected unfortunately... Spent time reading "Making The Duck" wow! What an incredible job! In fact purchased a digital copy of 2021 issue of "Practical sportsbikes" of the Duck build. After reading most of the 50 plus pages I think I'll give anodizing a whirl! So stay tuned! will have plenty of pics AND hope yur doing well!

ADDED PICS HERE TO KEEP THEM ON PAGE ONE.

Baking soda and crazy glue base...

View attachment 131582

View attachment 131583

Finished with clear epoxy for level finish...

View attachment 131584

Clear tape to protect paper...
View attachment 131585

Not perfect but all cut out ready for install...
View attachment 131586

Semi finished dash...
View attachment 131589

Still have some cleaning up to do...
View attachment 131590
Show Day and night pics...Pweeeeeeese

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
Hey PW! I guess you already thought about red lights in the skull eyes? It is doable! Now THAT would look wicked!!! JMHO!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
PW, just a thought here... Any mods you've done with pictures could be added to yur "My introduction to Pennywise" thread keeping all yur pics in "one" place, including these wonderful dash conversions.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts