Honda CBR XX Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Cant speak to Rick's Stators, but I recently bought a Forseti stator off fleabay and it was in pristine condition on arrival, looked fresh and as per the advertising image below, and seems to work after 1000km or so. Im guessing Rick's are a rewind rather than a new build?

View attachment 131930
Hello Fellow Fighter Pilot! YES! The product is brand spanking new. Sent an email and waiting on response...
"... and seems to work after 1000km or so." ??

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
Thank you! Malo and Big-Bird. Was def. a hairbender! And of course ALL IN S L O W MOTION!!! The second time it happened wasn't as bad BUT again in the RAIN in a sweeping turn with traffic!!! And after that SNAFU I said "That's it! I'm done with linked brakes!!!

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
That being said, my "old" riding instinct has gotten use to working both both brake independently and instinctively I use my rear brakes sparingly at low speeds and cornring. It gives me a better FEEL of the bike. And if required I can lock my rear for a controlled skid!

I know exactly what you mean, I was a CBT instructor and used to hammer home the effectiveness of using the front and rear for better braking with little "demonstrations" for the pupils. I just feel I have options available with 2 separate systems, I can modulate both for any given situation. It's not that I don't trust the system, as I said, on the VFR, I can throw that around and it isn't as touchy as the bird ( that might be because the VFR has a streetfighter bar conversion and a new shock). I'm going to use this opportunity to de-link and get a new shock, even after 64000 miles it still feels good but has to be past it's best.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
That being said, my "old" riding instinct has gotten use to working both both brake independently and instinctively I use my rear brakes sparingly at low speeds and cornring. It gives me a better FEEL of the bike. And if required I can lock my rear for a controlled skid!

I know exactly what you mean, I was a CBT instructor and used to hammer home the effectiveness of using the front and rear for better braking with little "demonstrations" for the pupils. I just feel I have options available with 2 separate systems, I can modulate both for any given situation. It's not that I don't trust the system, as I said, on the VFR, I can throw that around and it isn't as touchy as the bird ( that might be because the VFR has a streetfighter bar conversion and a new shock). I'm going to use this opportunity to de-link and get a new shock, even after 64000 miles it still feels good but has to be past it's best.
Just a thought... Do you already have a 6mm shim for the rear shock? Since yur going to be there? Provides quicker/sharper steering...

·
Administrator
12,928 Posts
Hard to tell from the photo and I can't zoom in any further.
Initial look suggests particle damage but I can't be sure.
Could be the coating getting old and hot and breaking up. Is that actually a coating??
Do the 'marks' look like dents or if bits have come off?
Are there any marks on the inside of the rotor?
This is the rotor and stator in my Bird at 24,000 miles, not no coating ..... blackening usually forms on the coils before the stator dies.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Yes, mutiple dent/holes or pock marks. And some of the coating seems to have broken/worn off specialy on the ends. Inside the rotor is "clean" for it's age. MMmm... Heat and age would make those holes? Interesting.

·
Administrator
12,928 Posts
.... so those particles have certainly gone somewhere (into the oil) and if the inside of the rotor is clean then 'hard particle' damage is unlikely.
Heat and age seem the most likely causes to me, the coating is simply breaking down apart from where wear is obvious on the ends.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
New rear master from CBR600 and new left aspherical mirror to replace damaged one. Yes! Plan on de-linking... After driving for some 30 plus years on various pre 2000 machines, I guess I'm ol school! Never liked the system. I get it! However, it almost "killed" me twice!

New silicone hoses
Food Orange Cuisine Font Electric blue

White Bicycle part Office supplies Nipper Red

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,369 Posts
Sure ain't much for the money... is that CANADIAN $?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,369 Posts
185 actually pretty steep for just a few bloody parts. Sending one part back so save myself 35 CAD
How much of that was shipping into Canada?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 · (Edited)
How much of that was shipping into Canada?

35 bucks for shipping and 30 bucks for Customs Canadian absurd... unfortunately I really need these parts. Done my homework and Partzilla seems to have the best prices. But I always get screwed on shipping and custom cost whenever I ordered from the US so I try to keep it to a minimum... worst-case sometimes I will ask a member to purchase a part for me and post it to me, cheaper alternative when I can do so.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts