Honda CBR XX Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Not wishing to p155 on the party but if you look at one of the photos they are only cut and bent pieces of aluminium mesh (I like the description 'chrome polished aluminium') a quick google says I could buy a sheet of the mesh, cut my own and have plenty spare for that price. OK I like to 'make stuff' so a decent price if you are not handy with the tools but taxes would be the killer bringing them to the UK.
LoL… I went down B&Q and bought their stainless steel mesh. I'd moulded the nose cone grills and the two smaller lower fairing vents and was about to mould the larger lower vents.

However I'd fitted the nose cowl by that time and they rusted immediately. Not a quality SS at B&Q!!! Covid has meant I can't be bothered to seek refund. I'll just paint/ lacquer up and press on.

Lovin's ready mades were tempting but not ultimately a goer (alu prob too soft to cope with road debris and as you realise way costlier by the time they're imported). Still, I had to ask.

·
Super Moderator
12,854 Posts
Not a quality SS at B&Q!!!
You know the 'trick' to check stainless, take a magnet with you. Decent quality stainless is not magnetic cheap stuff is (I will avoid the metallurgy here). If you need to buy a new sink (or similar) a magnet is your best friend. When I was looking for a new sink for my scrubbing up room I found that some of the 'expensive' sinks were made of really rubbish stainless and a couple of the cheap ones were made of decent material. Easy decision to make ....

·
Registered
🏍Bird 1 - Carb 1998 🏍Bird 2 - Carb 1998
64 Posts
These are what XXGUY is referring to...

View attachment 130800

However, those plastic connectors are garbage! sometimes they don't cut through enuff, so I hard wire with shrink rap for guaranteed good connection... These resistors must be used for all LED installs on yur XX. Fleebay, Amazon, wish etc...
Interesting.
I was also doing some research and found the directly replaceable relays but was not sure if 2 or 4 pins. I will check under the seat.
If would be this easy (replace the replay) I would opt for something like this.

Ebay 12V Turn Signal Relay

Update: I assumed the relay was like a car but checking under the seat, its like this with 3 pins and 3 wires.
XX 1998 Turn Signal Relay

Reading the description at CustomLed I got the explanation:
"
Now you can finally fix the flash rate on your motorcycle with our unique Plug And Play solution! That's right, our Electronic LED Flasher relay directly replaces the stock flasher relay on most Yamaha, Honda and Kawasaki motorcycles by plugging directly into the harness in place of the OEM flasher relay!

Whether your OEM relay has 2-wires or 3-wires, our flasher relay is a direct replacement for compatible motorcycles, as the 3rd wire is simply a ground connection which our relay does not require. See the compatibility list below for bikes that are known to be Plug-and-Play compatible with our ELFR-1
"
Small problem :cautious:, import to Europe will be difficult.
I will try to find it or similar already around. Thanks for the hint.

·
Registered
858 Posts
There's automatic versions out there that cope with a mix of led and filament bulbs (I'd upgraded my front but not my rear indicators). That was sweet. I've now gone fully led so this copes without any other change. Sadly I bought it from fleabay and can't recall the link (too long ago). It was when I bought the ProjectR DRLs for our BBs (excellent mod by the way).

Looking at the current ads for them some already come with it. Others referring to item 130411947250 if that helps anyone.

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,167 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
was the last update 3 months ago....?
Hello and welcome aboard Fellow Fighta Pilot!
Unfortunately "Life" has been getting in the way as of late.... "Stealing" time away from my rebuild. You can if you haven't already, take a look at my first 100% Cosmetic...
However, I do work on it when I can! So for now this thread has NOT been updated in the last 3 months.

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,167 Posts
21 - 31 of 31 Posts