Honda CBR XX Forum banner
121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 · (Edited)
Dont forget your RR needs airflow to avoid overheating.
Gotcha! I have a couple of options and to do's 1, remove fabricated foam between towers to allow better airflow. Bonehead idea! But looked good at the time... 2, Move RR to right side and 3, possibly add a 12v DC motor thermostat controlled fan. Either directly on the RR itself or very close to it. I have a new SH847, so heat shouldn't be an issue! However, nothing wrong with keeping things cool...

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 · (Edited)
Hey Malo! Found the perfect spot for the twin compressors! And no interference with rear cowling. They sit on that little ledge at the very end of the undertail... Compressor anchor bolt goes through the plastic... A little silicone around both ends of the bolt and were good to go! Great out of the way spot!

Automotive design Automotive tire Bumper Musical instrument accessory Motor vehicle
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior
Wood Cloud Floor Automotive tire Building

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Twin airhorn install complete cont...

Not shown, under the fiber glass Bondo epoxy has already been applied and is dry...
View attachment 134021 View attachment 134018 View attachment 134019 View attachment 134020 View attachment 134022 View attachment 134023
Will need to modify the under tail slightly to accommodate airhorn bulge and compressor... Pics to come.
Pls don't hate me but isn't it more practical to attach the horn side to the subframe like you did with the compressors.

Less stress on the tail cowl re daily riding plastic fatigue and greater convenience re taking cowl on/ off as no need to disconnect the air lines or navigate two lumpy bumps (the horns) up past around two other lumpy bumps (the compressors)?

I slide my tail on from the back while keeping the free ends slightly wider apart until sliding the rear tailight end into place. Granted your tail light is now attached to you tail so your process will be slightly different anyway.

You've done such a great job I don't wish to rain on your parade, just thinking of the practicalities (albeit we don't usually take our tails off very often).

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 · (Edited)
Pls don't hate me but isn't it more practical to attach the horn side to the subframe like you did with the compressors.

Less stress on the tail cowl re daily riding plastic fatigue and greater convenience re taking cowl on/ off as no need to disconnect the air lines or navigate two lumpy bumps (the horns) up past around two other lumpy bumps (the compressors)?

I slide my tail on from the back while keeping the free ends slightly wider apart until sliding the rear tailight end into place. Granted your tail light is now attached to you tail so your process will be slightly different anyway.

You've done such a great job I don't wish to rain on your parade, just thinking of the practicalities (albeit we don't usually take our tails off very often).
No hating here! Good point. First airhorn on first build was a one piece system and placed it between my front forks.
However, on closer inspection I really have no fears concerning load on undertail.... Essentially the load is carried by two bolts that connect to rear of subframe. The key to handling the stress loads is part 11 steel washer with a neck. Sooooo, no worries! The compressor lies on the small ledge near part 6,7 on both sides. The ledge provides a natural stop. With a bolt going through plastic and heavy duty tie wrap(provided) to further secure it. So again no worries mate!
Circuit component Product Font Engineering Auto part

121 - 126 of 126 Posts