Honda CBR XX Forum banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 · (Edited)
Noice buttons! I was considering this... The m-Switch Mini at $149US ea. https://www.meancycles.com/store/parts/view.cfm?partID=225414 but I said naw I'll pass...
Aliexpress knock off are $50US...

Aliexpress knock off...

Well for starters although not really necessary, plan on keeping power to my cam set up and constant power to my Pactalk Bold Comm system. That would leave me with one extra USB to spare AND my red Honda accessory button...
What are you planning to power up? Thems alot of buttons you got there son!! LOVE the cruise control! That too is coming in very near futur! Well B4 next season! That's the plan!

·
Registered
946 Posts
Aliexpress knock off…
...What are you planning to power up? Thems alot of buttons!
Ooh, not seen that one b4. Good spot.
I have my
1. heated seat (which has power buttons on the seat but I wish to have them up more conveniently near bars)
2. under windscreen solar panel to connect/ disconnect
3. electric folding mirrors
4. mirror heaters
5. camera system
6. disc lock reminder warning light
7. USB isolation switch
8. Voltmeter on/off
9. Bluetooth phone mouse (for satnav interaction eith gloves on)
10. Cruise control

If I decide I need/ want any or all of them I either add them to:
a) the bars (buttons re perch bolts, or bar rap around or added to switch gear OEM style or pistol grip pressure switches or clutch/ brake cylinder mounted) or
b) the dash (e.g. like my dash mock up project)

Or
c) infil panel mounted

Each location has pros n cons. Bars are easiest to reach but clutter the bars unless you find an OEN switch with extra buttons (I have bar extenders ready if I go wrap around route and need more real estate). Dash means taking a hand off the bars if it's for a button I'm likely to want to press while moving and potentially make taking the dash cover on and off more tricksome. Panel inserts are a compromise location but spoil the clean lines.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Ooh, not seen that one b4. Good spot.
I have my
1. heated seat (which has power buttons on the seat but I wish to have them up more conveniently near bars)
2. under windscreen solar panel to connect/ disconnect
3. electric folding mirrors
4. mirror heaters
5. camera system
6. disc lock reminder warning light
7. USB isolation switch
8. Voltmeter on/off
9. Bluetooth phone mouse (for satnav interaction eith gloves on)
10. Cruise control

If I decide I need/ want any or all of them I either add them to:
a) the bars (buttons re perch bolts, or bar rap around or added to switch gear OEM style or pistol grip pressure switches or clutch/ brake cylinder mounted) or
b) the dash (e.g. like my dash mock up project)
View attachment 131854
Or
c) infil panel mounted

Each location has pros n cons. Bars are easiest to reach but clutter the bars unless you find an OEN switch with extra buttons (I have bar extenders ready if I go wrap around route and need more real estate). Dash means taking a hand off the bars if it's for a button I'm likely to want to press while moving and potentially make taking the dash cover on and off more tricksome. Panel inserts are a compromise location but spoil the clean lines.
Wow! Ya I remember this! Frankin NOICE! Slamin! Well IMHO, I'd go for the 2 M- Mini swithches! OR the Ali knock off. Right there at yur tips, 6 functions! Neat, partialy conceald and obiviously U can have them on one bar or split them up! Now... If yur a mad man, you'll get 4 M Mini switches 2 for each bar giving you 12 functi!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Ooh then I can install the sidewinder missiles as well as the pillion ejector seat! Wow,
that's my douzen sorted then!
Lolol Yep! Done in one foul swoop! I have to admit the M Mini are aesthetically better looking than Ali knock offs... You'd have EVERTHING at yur finger tips! 12 functions!!! Woohooo!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 · (Edited)
Hey Malo I'm sure ya noticed the Ali knock off offer 4 buttons. Soooo... That be 16 fonctions! Lololol There's no such thing as "Overkill" when it comes to Malo! Just practicality!😁 In all seriousness, 16 functions is incredible! No limit as to what you could add! Albeit one MUST be "constantly" aware of what was tuned on AND the power required to run it... Hence having both a volt and amp meter displayed in yur face would be essential.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I'm loving the knock off for the full choice of momentary v latched switches. I wonder if I could strip the switches out and embed them in my current OEM switchgear.

Have ypu come across these jobbies:
MMmmm... You could! Albeit would be alot of work! But doable... No! Haven't seen these B4! But alas! I really want to keep my clip on "clean" of stuff.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 · (Edited)
Hello Fellow Fighter Pilots! Making slow progress... Anodizing/powder coating/paint is on hold for now. Have smaller project that need wrapping up! Like finally having yoke brackets cut out. Two brackets are accounted for. So that leaves 2 brackets and 1 original 2 holed bracket for SALE! If interested I can offer the 4 holed bracket with yur choice of vinyl for $25US+ shipping. Just brushed $20US + shipping. Two holed bracket with vinyl of yur choice $20US + shipping. Just brushed $15US + shipping. Colours availabe(On hand!) Black, White, Red, Black Carbon, Reflective Red and Gold Chrome. IF the demand is great, I will produce more... Even for the VFR800 crowd! Wink! Wink!
White Crankset Light Bicycle part Automotive tire

Peripheral White Light Computer keyboard Input device

Honda accessory 19mm button lights up red(Aliexpress $5 bucks). Fan by pass 19mm switch lights up blue(Aliexpress $5 bucks). Volt meter and Amp meter with one 3.0 quick charger (Fleabay $9 bucks US). 2 x 3.0 quick chargers with soft touch on/off botton (Fleabay $12 bucks US).
Gas Auto part Computer keyboard Engineering Metal

61 - 70 of 70 Posts