518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
Corners cushions level after shaving...

Feeding through tie downs.

Damping cushions added.

Round lock clips added

New grill in place.

Twin fan almost complete.

Twin fan upgrade 95% complete! Ordered 1.8 bar rad cap. Stock cap is 1.1 Also plan on upgrading to red silicone hoses(AFTER!)

(BEFORE!)

·
Registered
946 Posts
For anyone following Lovin's progress, the b4 shot in post #41 looks suspiciously like my chinese carbie radiator "after" shot (straight sides and I recognise the rusty fan and green blanket) as opposed to the FI rad L has fan'd up. :love: 🐵🙈🙉🙊 I'm honoured and flattered Lovin

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 · (Edited)
Ooops! Busted! Lololol Should have realised that it was a carbie rad, BUT overall, just used it for visual comparison...

·
Registered
946 Posts
The 👿 is always in the detail (like why did I post it upside down at the time?)! Wholly agree with "for comparative purposes" (albeit yes the rad shapes are different, fillee neck too and the carbie fan attatches differently (four ponts of contact versus three if i recall correctly) than the FI fan.

So you've got 3 if not four fans now… that isn't a Bird, that's a quad drone bike! When's her first VTOL test flight? 🤩

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
The 👿 is always in the detail (like why did I post it upside down at the time?)! Wholly agree with "for comparative purposes" (albeit yes the rad shapes are different, fillee neck too and the carbie fan attatches differently (four ponts of contact versus three if i recall correctly) than the FI fan.

So you've got 3 if not four fans now… that isn't a Bird, that's a quad drone bike! When's her first VTOL test flight? 🤩
Yes! Details! Lolol So for now the upgraded rad/fan system has 2 X 6" fans and 2 X 4"(go cart rad fans) fans for the oil cooler. Still waiting for welding repairs! Until welding repairs are done can't move forward with twine fan install on oil cooler.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts

Might actually increase top speed if they are all facing in the right direction. :unsure:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 · (Edited)
Hello fellow fighter pilots! I want to apologize for my horrible description for the "Timing" of "LED backing removal" Must have been one of my all nighters! It was bad! In any event I re-worked it and NOW it makes sense! Apologies!

TIMING(Edited July 7, 2021)
4 MIN to 4 MIN & 30 SECONDS MAX! (Even if the backing may be thicker in some spots)
Tape template firmly to back of mirror. Fill first 2 holes, keep template in place. then wait 4 min. At 4 min. start removing backing from first hole with clean dry Q-tip This will take less than 15 seconds to clean. Place Q-tip in template hole and rotate VERY slowly and gently. Going to fast and/or to hard will cause you to "burn" through the silvering. By the time you finish the first, the second will be just "ripe". Repeat process 2 at a time until all holes are done. Once completed NOW is the time to go back with a clean slightly damped oven cleaner Q-tip to pick up any residue left behind by initial 4 min dissolve. The template won't be necessary for this part. Remember... Never press hard!!! Light strokes or light rolling of Q-tips between the fingers, until you see no more white backing. IF you press too hard, yur Q-tip will come away with silver AND you loose the reflective properties mirror side.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 · (Edited)
Rivets failed. Piece needs to be welded back and holes in the grill...

Finally got cooler back with piece welded back in place.

Was debating weather I should get a new cooler or not... It works fine, just a bit weathered and slightly bent. Actually I bent it back best I could without popping anything... These are 4" go kart rad fans. (Fleabay! $17 US each)

Installing dampening cushions...

Cushion install and shaped/trimmed...

Extra lateral support...

Lateral support attaches to angles at bottom of cooler

Lateral support formed...

Minor Dremel grinding to clean up lateral support...

Not perdy but functional! Plan on bending back all the bent little fins!

Cooler fan upgrade complete! Ready to cool! Fans surpass cooler by about 1/2" on top and bottom. Fans are 4" long. This will be "Plug n play" with the rad.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 · (Edited)
Looking good. Fab little cowls for the fan overhangs so that part also draws air from the rad?
Thanks mate! Yeah... I was thinking just that! BUT alas that 1/2" would "grab" a bit of fresh air on top & bottom and send it back toward rad... So will leave it alone.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 · (Edited)
NEW YOKE BRACKET AND GAGES

Thanks to Beestoys received bracket today!

Two 3.0 quick chargers with soft touch on/off botton. (Fleabay $12 bucks US)

Volt meter and Amp meter with one 3.0 quick charger. (Fleabay $9 bucks US)

Now... Just have to decide which colour vinyl to use to cover the top side.(Black, Red or White)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 · (Edited)
I have two other accessories buttons I'd like to place on the bike and was goint to make holes on the side horizontal panels. Then was inspired by VFR800 USB Charger Bracket on Fleabay!

So modified existing bracket to include two additional holes. Should have two extra on hand once cut out...

Honda accessory 19mm button lights up red... Aliexpress $5 bucks

Fan by pass 19mm switch lights up blue... Aliexpress $5 bucks

New upgraded bracket

Two 3.0 quick chargers with soft touch on/off botton. (Fleabay $12 bucks US). Volt meter and Amp meter with one 3.0 quick charger. (Fleabay $9 bucks US)

Once cut on this sheet of aluminum, will have space to cut two more...

·
Registered
946 Posts
I have two other accessories buttons I'd like to place on the bike…
All looking very nice.

Hmmm… how/ where do you attach your satnav/ phone? You've got 3x USB ports. I have my phone RAM mounted centrally. That means if I used a similar bracket I'd not be able to see or operate your two back buttons very easily. Any easier to swap the front v back to make button access easier (albeit the volmeter may be hard to read if phone/ satnav central like mine)?

This us why I'm relocating my voltmeter to be "in-dash" (in the rev counter dial) and junking my old hotgrips (controller yoke mounted) for a set with button built into the left grip.

Do you/ will you have any similar conflicts in layout v ease of operation? The bracket looks great for USBs (may even help shield from rain if phone mounted centrally). Other accessory buttons I'm looking at perch bolt mounting or (subject to room height clearance) the three button clutch/ break cyclinder top extensions (if you know what I'm talking about).

Just food for thought.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 · (Edited)
All looking very nice.

Hmmm… how/ where do you attach your satnav/ phone? You've got 3x USB ports. I have my phone RAM mounted centrally. That means if I used a similar bracket I'd not be able to see or operate your two back buttons very easily. Any easier to swap the front v back to make button access easier (albeit the volmeter may be hard to read if phone/ satnav central like mine)?

This us why I'm relocating my voltmeter to be "in-dash" (in the rev counter dial) and junking my old hotgrips (controller yoke mounted) for a set with button built into the left grip.

Do you/ will you have any similar conflicts in layout v ease of operation? The bracket looks great for USBs (may even help shield from rain if phone mounted centrally). Other accessory buttons I'm looking at perch bolt mounting or (subject to room height clearance) the three button clutch/ break cyclinder top extensions (if you know what I'm talking about).

Just food for thought.
MMmmmm Food... As a personal general rule, I keeps my cell in my jacket! That may change in the future but for now it's a non issue. I like the "In dash" idea! In any event I don't need to "See" those two back buttons worse case scenario...

·
Registered
946 Posts
Sensible re cell. So what are you planning to power with the three USBs? Plus where to mount whatever they power? One thing that's dampened my whole accessory button mania is this side of practicalities. I keep thinking of neat places to put things that would fit nicely then paint myself into a corner with line of sight or ease of access to operate or maintain.

Cylinder mounted buttons (and replace the switches with your AliExpress ones).

41 - 60 of 70 Posts