Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HELLO FELLOW FIGHTER PILOTS!!! (In WWI IF you were lucky enuff to own/drive a motorcycle you were IMMEDIATELY recruited for fighter pilot training! Because like a plane, we use all four limbs to control our bike!!) HOPE YUR ALL DOING WELL IN THESE TRYING TIMES. ABOUT TO START MY SECOND 100% COSMETIC AND MINOR ELECTRICAL & MINOR MECHANICAL MAKEOVER! FOR THOSE WHO DIDN'T KNOW WAS TAKEN OUT ON THE HIGHWAY BY IDIOT DRIVER WHO CUT IN FRONT OF ME DOING 100KH. THREE BROKEN TOES AND A YEAR TO HEAL. WAS VERY LUCKY, BIRD WAS A COMPLETE WRITE OFF... I'M VERY EXCITED TO START THE NEW MAKEOVER! BEEN STOCKPILLING PART FOR THE BETTER PART OF A YEAR. GOING TO BE FUN! WILL HAVE PLENTY OF PICTURES SO STAY TUNED! UNFORTUNATELY SEEMS LIKE I'LL BE LIMITED TO 20 PICS!?

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,235 Posts
Happy to hear you are doing well after an accident.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
909 Posts
Luvin…

Glad to hear you're healled now. Time for bird therapy. I'm looking fwd to seeing how this one progresses and any additional tweaks you decide to do compared to your previous make over. Anythung major you plan to do differently?

All the best, Mallow1

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,235 Posts
Thank you XXGUY! Hey, do U know Y the pic restriction?
No, I always use Tapatalk to post pics. Otherwise it is a pain...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
🏍Bird 1 - Carb 1998 🏍Bird 2 - Carb 1998
69 Posts
Hi, looking forward to follow your project.

Can´t stop thinking about your avatar pic. Honda symbol in that way reminds me angel wings :cool:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Luvin…

Glad to hear you're healled now. Time for bird therapy. I'm looking fwd to seeing how this one progresses and any additional tweaks you decide to do compared to your previous make over. Anythung major you plan to do differently?

All the best, Mallow1
Hey Mallo my man! Thank you. Hope all yur aches and pains are gone as well! Yep, Bird therapy! Couldn't have said it better myself. Will be the same but a few changes. Will be placing video cam IN the nose cone as apposed to under(thank you Beestoys!) with one out back and a larger view screen , will be adding smaller fan next to main fan on radiator (will have to move it over)with bypass switch for better cooling in stop and go traffic, taller bars from Triumph 1050 Sprint(learned that one this site! Naturally taller than VFR, Heli and Vario), mosfet reg/rect, rick stator, antigravity battery either 360 or 480 not sure yet, changing left handle controls, from Yamaha FJ it has flashing yellow lever AND hazards(thank you Fizzy!) spherical mirrors with blue turn signals embedded (a la Mallow!), crash wings! Lots of powder coated parts, pro stop, gear indicator, Two piece air horn, Delkelvic 4-1(may actually be better at top end delivery vs Akrapovic! Akrapovic is 4-2-1 vs Delkelvic 4-1), volt meter with USB all in one mounted on yoke with a special bracket and a few other do dads! Will have a complete list once I start! Oh! Seriously considering cruise control from Beestoys. Mmmmm...I know I'm forgetting something... At any rate, gots tons of work to do!!
Unfortunately it seems now we're limited to only 20 pics! So will break it up into three parts or more. Parts, Cosmetic, Electrical and mechanical!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Can´t stop thinking about your avatar pic. Honda symbol in that way reminds me angel wings :cool:
Hello Super! Yep! LOVE those white wings too! Really came out well. Where ever I drove people would stare and give me the thumbs up! :) You can look at my last makeover will give ya an idea! Cheers!

·
Registered
909 Posts

Check out his prior project bike thread here on the forum with tons of pictures. That'll give you an idea of the time love effort sweat skill dedication enthusiasm creativity and frustration involved in getting to the bike in his avatar (sadly only to have it written off in a Titanic-esque moment).

·
Registered
909 Posts
Hey Mallo my man! Thank you. Hope all yur aches and pains are gone as well!
Still in physio rehab but 90% of the way there thanks.

Upgraded my mirror side indicators to now be flowing. Done the same to my rear indicators too. Working on the front indicators (with DRLs) so they flow too. Not there yet.

I'll be keen to see the vid cam set up as I too have that on my list and intend nose internal mounting as per Bee.

Voltmeter I'm still intending arduino lcd project dial facia inset but have ordered a SchuLink wifi monitor (so can check from inside the house what the status is before I go outside. Got a battery tender hooked up via waterproof SAE connector port fitted out of the tail in mirror image position to the seat release (wfif controlled) so can top up/ boost/ trickle at will. So a dial mounted voltmeter is for being away from home or use during travel.

Gear indicator I sourced a much smaller 7-seg smd version to replace the huge one which came with my version (a Datatool one) so won't take up anywhere near the dash real estate the old one needed. Again the intent is to dial facia mount. I'll therefore put the TPMS embedded into the carbie digi clock location. The TPMS I have also has a clock in the display so it may kill off my arduino clock project.

Don't forget the dog-leg two bolt mount set up for your wings. Real extra safeguard against engine bolt mounting damage if the worst occurs.

On on bro… have fun.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Check out his prior project bike thread here on the forum with tons of pictures. That'll give you an idea of the time love effort sweat skill dedication enthusiasm creativity and frustration involved in getting to the bike in his avatar (sadly only to have it written off in a Titanic-esque moment).
Why thanks mate! All true! :)(y)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Still in physio rehab but 90% of the way there thanks.

Upgraded my mirror side indicators to now be flowing. Done the same to my rear indicators too. Working on the front indicators (with DRLs) so they flow too. Not there yet.

I'll be keen to see the vid cam set up as I too have that on my list and intend nose internal mounting as per Bee.

Voltmeter I'm still intending arduino lcd project dial facia inset but have ordered a SchuLink wifi monitor (so can check from inside the house what the status is before I go outside. Got a battery tender hooked up via waterproof SAE connector port fitted out of the tail in mioor image position to the seat release (wfif controlled) so can top up/ boost/ trickle at will. So a dial mounted voltmeter is for being away from home or use during travel.

Gear indicator I sourced a much smaller 7-seg smd version to replace the huge one which came with my version (a Datatool one) so won't take up anywhere near the dash real estate the old one needed. Again the intent is to dial facia mount. I'll therefore put the TPMS embedded into the carbie digi clock location. The TPMS I have also has a clock in the display so it may kill off my arduino clock project.

Don't forget the dog-leg two bolt mount set up for your wings. Real extra safeguard against engine bolt mounting damage if the worst occurs.

On on bro… have fun.
Glad yur on the mend! At our age, seems like takes longer to heal our collective old bones. As per usual, like yur projects! Can't wait to see yur folding mirrors if ya still plan on doing them.

"Don't forget the dog-leg two bolt mount set up for your wings. Real extra safeguard against engine bolt mounting damage if the worst occurs."

So the two engine bolts trough ss plate is the anchoring point, along with the wing... Still not sure how I'd incorporate dog-legs here... Unless I carve out/cut a rough shape of the steel base of the bung into the plastic, then inserted the steel base giving the wing additional "locking properties" once installed i.e. pushed in, it would be flush with the ss plate. Once I remove the paneling will have a better idea where things go. I would need 4.

·
Registered
21 Posts
HELLO FELLOW FIGHTER PILOTS!!! (In WWI IF you were lucky enuff to own/drive a motorcycle you were IMMEDIATELY recruited for fighter pilot training! Because like a plane, we use all four limbs to control our bike!!) HOPE YUR ALL DOING WELL IN THESE TRYING TIMES. ABOUT TO START MY SECOND 100% COSMETIC AND MINOR ELECTRICAL & MINOR MECHANICAL MAKEOVER! FOR THOSE WHO DIDN'T KNOW WAS TAKEN OUT ON THE HIGHWAY BY IDIOT DRIVER WHO CUT IN FRONT OF ME DOING 100KH. THREE BROKEN TOES AND A YEAR TO HEAL. WAS VERY LUCKY, BIRD WAS A COMPLETE WRITE OFF... I'M VERY EXCITED TO START THE NEW MAKEOVER! BEEN STOCKPILLING PART FOR THE BETTER PART OF A YEAR. GOING TO BE FUN! WILL HAVE PLENTY OF PICTURES SO STAY TUNED! UNFORTUNATELY SEEMS LIKE I'LL BE LIMITED TO 20 PICS!?
Welcome back Captain!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh I'd postulate less of a "Captain" more of a Ground Control to "Major" Tom? :unsure:;)😁
😄😁 Well truth be told I WAS a 2nd Leftenant(Lieutenant is American...) With Canadian Armed forces. Air force. As a trainer for new Cadets!

·
Daniel
34 Posts
Where do we check on your progress photos or videos ? Yes those small toe bones take along time to heal.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts