Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Bennetts. "How not to get stopped by the police"

This is worth a read, if only to get the dates the safety campaigns are on and we need to keep our head down.

Registered
Pretty good read. Thanks.
We have those revenue grabbers that hide out on bridge overpasses in Ohio/Pennsylvania. It's funny how they only "coward out" in those spots during sunny nice weather; when it's convenient for them...Never any other time. Supposedly it's "all in the name of safety!". With good eyes usually a head/shoulder silhouette is visible from the roadway.. They know what hours of the day the working man is going to and from work. Cherry picking in my eye. Locals are the ones that do it. I believe 80% of the mailed ticket tax goes to the camera company, and the remainder goes to the actual police department picture takers. In my opinion if someone is breaking the law then traditional stops should be mandatory. Might actually be more effective for individuals as far as shaping up as the end result. Some pay the fine and don't think twice about it. Actually to be reminded in person about the consequences of speeding is more important in my eye. Instead the police pretend to be photographers. It's usually just the small town back road police departments that do it. Kinda scary for people that have had past experiences with pedestrians throwing things over the bridge at live traffic. If your not paying attention, and then spot them last minute that is.
Seems you may have stricter noise ordinance over there. 馃
I believe that the that way you ride always effects how bikers are perceived by the public, but also the law enforcement. If you've gotten away with an offense one day doesn't mean it wasn't observed, you just may have been put on the radar.
Ride safe, be respectful, and never forget to have fun.

Registered
Bennetts. "How not to get stopped by the police"

This is worth a read, if only to get the dates the safety campaigns are on and we need to keep our head down.

Great find Punts. Thanks for sharing it.

Interesting to know 5th April onwards for two weeks is the Police operation to focus on bikers nationally! Great reminder of what gets points v fines (or both) etc too. Keep safe all my fellow Brits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts