Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I’ve recently bought a super blackbird and I love it! But today I’m having some issues….. so she struggles to start compared to normal but idles fine at just around 1000rpm. But when I pull away and accelerate it bogs, jolts and won’t accelerate like it should or past 8000rpm. Any help would be appreciated.
Fuel pressure regulator replaced 600miles ago
New spark plugs replaced 600miles ago
Injectors were cleaned 600miles ago
Full service 600 miles ago too

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, the clues are, slow starting and idles low at 1000 rpm....... Screams battery and/or charging system to me.

If it is, don't keep riding and charging the battery, use a multimeter and do a simple test.......

Leave the bike off any charger and don't ride it for 12hrs beforehand. Hook up the multi meter (volts) and observe the battery volts at rest ....should be up near 12.6v, dropping to 12.2 with ignition on, then while cranking it should be above 9.5v, preferably 11.5. once the engine starts it should fast idle at 14.3v to indicate the charging system is fine.

BTW, the idle for an FI Bird is best set to 1200rpm, 1000 is a tad low.

Run your numbers by us and we'll let you know more, but my gut feeling is your battery is :censored:'d or the R/R or stator is failing because the dying battery has caused them to overheat.

(y)
Thank you for your reply! I really hope your right as that would be a really nice easy fix!
I will investigate and come back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE**

so I gave up trying to diagnose the problem my self and took it to Jap Motorcycles in Milton Keynes. He literally found the problem by chance which saved me a lot of money!
as you can see from the photo I had a split fuel hose in the tank due to the previous owner not using a genuine fuel filter. But all good now and running better than ever!!
thanks everyone for your help and suggestions!!
Hand Automotive tire Tire Finger Tread

1 - 4 of 4 Posts