Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to work the other day and 20 miles in at a stop light I notices a rattling noise and the bike started to run rough. I pulled into a WaWa quick mart and parked. Removed my helmet and turned on the bike and it sounded like Marbles in a can. and it was a little rough. I got an Uber to work an called my wife to pick me up after work and bring the trailer. I have a bike caddy (one wheel in a chock) tow behind. Haven't had a chance to look at it but I'm guessing the Cam Chain tensioner is toast. Replace it 50000 miles ago. Bike has 100738 miles to date.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sounds like the CCT to me .... it is a testament to our bikes that we are just replacing CCT's for example with so many miles on the bike...simply an outstanding motorcycle......

·
Super Moderator
8,375 Posts
Agree with CCT. The sound could be tricking you inot thinking idle is rough too. Replace and relisten see if it's any better. I've lost a few of them but don't recall it ever effecting bikes running. One of them was bad enough that I looked around for the diesel truck I thought the sound was coming from lol.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, it was the CCT. Found a OEM sealed on Fleabay for a paltry $14.00 with free ship. Bike running great again. Installing new rear wheel bearings and a new set of tires just ordered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts