Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I'd wonder if they are repackaged Chinese rotors but I know of nothing except a very similar price to suggest that is the case.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
This is an email from the company. I asked where the rotors where made...

Thanks for your enquiry,
we have our S3 Performance Equipment disc rotors manufactured in Taiwan and China to European standards. Don't be concerned about the quality. We have many customers using S3 rotors and the WA Stuntors use them on their stunt bikes.

Many other discs are all from the same group of factories. Mostly, they all look the same but the quality varies a great deal. Many do not have any carbon content so the braking ability is poor, some have too much so they rust quickly, some use case steel carriers making them heavy while others have not been ground post production and therefore vary in thickness and create a heavy pulsing when braking.

We are very involved with our manufacturing process and quality assurance. We also offer full follow up support and have recently introduced a 24 month warranty to support our claims. Feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Mike
S3 Performance Pty Ltd
03 9013 2625
1300 937 935
Follow us on Facebook!
www.facebook.com/S3PerformanceEquipment

·
just do it
5,669 Posts
Blueshark most likely to be chinese made than not,not really recommended,had to read Grahams post twice to make sure,their offering 24 months warranty though.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes that is what I suspected, had heard some rotors for sale were Chinese but sold from another country.

·
just do it
5,669 Posts
wouldnt be Hong Kong would it.
Yes that is what I suspected, had heard some rotors for sale were Chinese but sold from another country.

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
I bought my Galfer rotors from www.pashnit.com The rear was free with the front pair.

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts