Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all.
My brother just moved to Plainsboro NJ. a small town near Cranberry & exit 8a off the NJ Turnpike. I would like to ride down to see him this spring & summer but I want to avoid the NJ Turnpike if at all possible. Does anyone have a nice riding route from Ct. to Plainsboro?

·
Premium Member
5,896 Posts
I don't think there's TOO many good riding roads in NJ, northern, anyway, but I'm sure there's a road or two that parallels the turnpike. If memory serves me correctly, maybe 9 or 9w?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Rt 287 is a nice road for a slab. Parts are secnic and it avoids the industrial areas. Heavy traffic during rush hours.

Take exit 12 for Weston Canal Road. Go Left.

Road bends around and comes out on Millstone River Rd. Go Left.

Road exits to Left into Millstone (just as it starts to get to a new wide bypass).

Get gas if you need it in Millstone.

Take a left on the second causeway at Griggstown and a right on Canal Rd.

Go straight till you cross Rt 1 on Ridge rd.

Make the first right on Schallks Station Rd into Plainsboro.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rt 287 is a nice road for a slab. Parts are secnic and it avoids the industrial areas. Heavy traffic during rush hours.

Take exit 12 for Weston Canal Road. Go Left.

Road bends around and comes out on Millstone River Rd. Go Left.

Road exits to Left into Millstone (just as it starts to get to a new wide bypass).

Get gas if you need it in Millstone.

Take a left on the second causeway at Griggstown and a right on Canal Rd.

Go straight till you cross Rt 1 on Ridge rd.

Make the first right on Schallks Station Rd into Plainsboro.
thanks for the directions & I will let you know how it goes:thumb:

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
Couldn't you google Map Quest and create a route for yourself? I've seen some creative routes on the Pashnit site. You got way too many people in your hood.

·
El Cheapo
264 Posts
I lived in Plainsboro for many years, bad place to own a XX, Plainsboro Police is not friendly to any motorcycles, let alone fast motorcycle.
East of Plainsboto is pretty much flat open country side, more entertaining terrain could be found in Hunterton Country to the west.
Ride out to Van Sant Airport is always entertaining.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts