No/little expierence don't bother coming
Meet up will probably be around 10am at the Morristown square

#3 ·
Nah, not experienced enough, Hahahahahaaha
Plus, I might get my feet wet getting there,
Cheers,
Brian.

#7 ·
No, I don't want people getting in over their heads, or showing up for an afternoon cruise and be going speeds that they are uncomfortable with. It would be unfair if I were to just post ride, and people show up and are like WTF, or worse a noob shows up and crashed. It actaully happened a couple of months ago. Dude shows up on brand new CBR1000RR, full leathers. Never says he's been riding only a few months and never been through turns out of the city. I don't know how,but he left the pavement at around 40mph and went off the road,down an embankment, onto a baseball field with kids on it and by some miracle didn't hit anyone or drop the bike.:eek: Last year a noob from the same forum nearly severed his leg on a gaurdrail,and shattered his femur. I'm not looking for dead or injured noobs, or people who get in over their heads. When you go on a ride it's important 2 know what your getting yourself into.

#5 ·
I'd join you if you were closer. And if the weather weren't looking so crappy.

#6 ·
I went on a ride, Level 3 - 4 A learner turned up and just held us up all day, 35 klms and 75 klms in a 100 zone is not fun,
It certainly started a bun fight on that site after,
Level 3 Intermediate.
Level 4 experienced.
Was good experience for her, but These are not the runs learners should even attempt,
Brian.

#9 ·
I'm not a nubb but my mates just blast on ahead then find a spot and wait for me. Haven't bitched me out yet. Nor have I lost a leg or decided to play some baseball.

#10 ·
You are an experienced rider, CB, and you KNOW your limits, unlike many newbs who have yet to discover how hard a bike will bite you when you stop paying attention or get in over your head.

Besides, it detracts from everyone's enjoyment if the experience levels are too disparate. I recently went on a ride with someone who failed to inform me how new he was and I don't think either of us enjoyed it - too fast for him and way too slow for me.

#11 ·
I do go on learner rides occasionally, they need all the help they can get,
But on these rides, I ride slow, as they are learners,

The one thing I stress to them, Ride at your own pace. Dont worry if you are slow, as the more you ride the speed will automatically rise as you improve and get the klms under you.

But I do get pissed off, when learners front up for an experienced ride, 400 klms through mountain twisties at a fast pace, Totally beyond a learners capability,

Unfortunately these learners try to keep up and end up in disaster.

As you all know. It dont take much of a mistake, to drop a bike, resulting in gravel rash as a minimum, Hospitalisation as a second option, and death in some situations. Learners dont know these things yet.

Cheers,
Brian.:thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.