Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

This started out as a question as to how far the "With Me" Japanese racing team paint job for a '99 CBR1100XX could be taken. It evolved. I mixed some HRC, Repsol and "With Me"Japanese racing team elements. I'm looking for a shop or designer that can tackle this, now that I've had a chance to rough out a draft on Paint 3D. Also, I noticed there really aren't any pure black Repsol themes out there like you'd see on Marc Marquez testing bikes at the track. While I don't totally hate the idea of vinyl wraps, I'd like to try to get this done without going that route. Appreciate any advice how to make this happen.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
115 Posts
Honestly I'd contact Auctmarts or another reputable fairing company in China, Then get the fairings custom painted. If you send them good quality photoshop renders, they will bring it to life.
I hate Chinese crap, but the fairings they can churn out (from decent shops) are a bargain. It will probably only cost you $3-500 USD. They will be replica injection moulded, but they are good, the fitment is excellent.

A US Company would charge a fortune.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honestly I'd contact Auctmarts or another reputable fairing company in China, Then get the fairings custom painted. If you send them good quality photoshop renders, they will bring it to life.
I hate Chinese crap, but the fairings they can churn out (from decent shops) are a bargain. It will probably only cost you $3-500 USD. They will be replica injection moulded, but they are good, the fitment is excellent.

A US Company would charge a fortune.

Extermin8tor thank you! I will give the first company a look and see if they can pull it off.

Best,

Mark

·
Registered
373 Posts
All,

This started out as a question as to how far the "With Me" Japanese racing team paint job for a '99 CBR1100XX could be taken. It evolved. I mixed some HRC, Repsol and "With Me"Japanese racing team elements. I'm looking for a shop or designer that can tackle this, now that I've had a chance to rough out a draft on Paint 3D. Also, I noticed there really aren't any pure black Repsol themes out there like you'd see on Marc Marquez testing bikes at the track. While I don't totally hate the idea of vinyl wraps, I'd like to try to get this done without going that route. Appreciate any advice how to make this happen.
View attachment 133379
I used Kings. They did a great job. OEM Fit Motorcycle Fairings, Custom Fairing: Kings Motorcycle Fairings

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Irish,

That's funny you mentioned them. I was just on their website and noticed that they do custom jobs. That would be amazing if they could make the design. What'd you pay for yours?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey fun,

Thanks for the input. For a while I considered this very style. The kit you're mentioning is classic repsol. However, my design evolved from wanting to do a focused black repsol bike mixed with other elements. The base for that idea came from the Marquez picture below and evolved a bit. I have am reaching out to the companies everyone is suggesting to see who can fill the order for fairings (in a perfect world with a clear coat over the top for durability). Thanks again!

Tire Wheel Helmet Sports gear Motorcycle

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My version is a hybrid of this. I got a lot of feedback on the subject and a paint job versus vinyl wrap would run the cost to more than the bike originally went for. I haven't kept everything. My black red bull/repsol version is a lot simpler due to costs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts