Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting the bike repainted this weekend. I’m in search of replacement decals for a black ‘03. Any reliable and quality sources out there? If I had more time I would have ordered early enough to get them clear coated on ..... my loss.

i hav found some on eBay but they ship out of Bulgaria ....does anyone have any experience with the Bulgarian supplier?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Could you provide a link? Mine came out of Malta. Who knows, might be the same outfit.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Getting the bike repainted this weekend. I’m in search of replacement decals for a black ‘03. Any reliable and quality sources out there? If I had more time I would have ordered early enough to get them clear coated on ..... my loss.

i hav found some on eBay but they ship out of Bulgaria ....does anyone have any experience with the Bulgarian supplier?
Welcome aboard! Fellow fighter pilot! Not sure if this is the one yur referring to... However I've used them in the past and quality is A1! You can really customize yur logo to yur original specs or beyond. This is a GREAT forum! You can ALWAYS depend on getting the right advice for yur particular problem. Be safe! Welcome to the forum and enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
670 Posts
This is the exact same outfit I bought decals from a few years ago. Took 6 weeks, came rolled fairly tight in a tube but undamaged. I had to reorder some decals because I foolishly attempted to install using the "dry" method. Second attempt was using the "wet" method (soap and water). This was successful. Hint, do not be in a hurry for installation or drying. After 2 days I cleared over them, no issues.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Agreed! Took forever! BUT I ordered over the winter months for my makeover. Product A1!
Tons of options. Used dry method.... But then I've been wrapping for 5 yrs now.

·
Registered
670 Posts
lovin, you may have more in common with Snoop Dog than you know.
I had trouble with the tank decals. Its a difficult shape and if you make any mistake, its over.

·
Super Moderator
12,666 Posts
Best place although maybe not the cheapest is The Image Works The Image Works Vinyl Graphics
I would second that and their prices are actually very reasonable. Can't say I have ever asked about Bird decals but I would be surprised if they didn't appear in their standard catalogue. Provided the decals for both my DR and XL.

·
Registered
206 Posts
lovin, you may have more in common with Snoop Dog than you know.
I had trouble with the tank decals. Its a difficult shape and if you make any mistake, its over.
Lol What might that be? In general weather using dry or wet method, taking yur time is paramount!!! You can practice B4 hand by taking regular cheap wide band clear tape and cut three strand about 6/7 inches long, tape them together slightly overlapping then place tape on wax paper THEN take yur decal and trace shape on tape, in this case tank decal(Honda wing)cut it out now U have "copy". Can make as many as you like and practice! for "planting" accuracy take copy or original decal and with wax pen or marker DOT 4 to 6 points on the tank like a boundary around decal. Hope that helps for future decal jobs!

P.S. As an option, just before adhesion(And for better long term wear) you can slightly heat the surface with blow dryer, warm to touch. Cheers!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I would second that and their prices are actually very reasonable. Can't say I have ever asked about Bird decals but I would be surprised if they didn't appear in their standard catalogue. Provided the decals for both my DR and XL.
View attachment 129783 View attachment 129784
Nice job Duck! Be curious to know if they have a base catalogue. The one I mentioned earlier honda-decals.com has a plethora of colors and sizes to choose from and prices are really decent. The only real downside is shipping time. With that said I'd still be curious to see what they may have for the Blackbird...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts