Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Gobi One
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day Team,

I recently suffered the ignominy of dropping my 'Bird two corners from home on my gravel road. 5 km/h but slipped into the ditch and landed hard. RH fairing very ugly and scratches in the top fairing too, but tank and forks OK.

I ordered a complete replacement set from OzzyFairings in Parabloodymatta and $$$ were dispensed. Now, 3 months later I'm back in the country, no fairings delivered and Steve at OzzyFairings not answering phone, texts or e-mail. They did appear to have plenty of testimonials and Steve very positive about quick service so not sure what gives?

Any members know more about the demise of OzzyFairings, and better yet, can suggest a reliable Aussie alternative? A$725 seemed a reasonable deal at the time but now.... rather pissed off!

Thanks,
Gobi One

Attachments

·
just do it
5,669 Posts
I thought they were still trading and supporting this site as Vendors
Sorry to hear your mishap.
If the fairings not too bad, cracked or completely damaged maybe they can be repaired and painted.
I would look at probably ebay and search around other sites for spares.
Good luck.

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
I thought they were still trading and supporting this site as Vendors
I'll be looking into that. If they're employing poor business practices I have a problem with affiliation.

Reactions: aussiekev

·
Registered
86 Posts
G'day Team,

I recently suffered the ignominy of dropping my 'Bird two corners from home on my gravel road. 5 km/h but slipped into the ditch and landed hard. RH fairing very ugly and scratches in the top fairing too, but tank and forks OK.

I ordered a complete replacement set from OzzyFairings in Parabloodymatta and $$$ were dispensed. Now, 3 months later I'm back in the country, no fairings delivered and Steve at OzzyFairings not answering phone, texts or e-mail. They did appear to have plenty of testimonials and Steve very positive about quick service so not sure what gives?

Any members know more about the demise of OzzyFairings, and better yet, can suggest a reliable Aussie alternative? A$725 seemed a reasonable deal at the time but now.... rather pissed off!

Thanks,
Gobi One
Gobi

I also suffered the ignominy of (1) a slow turn in a car park and an infelicitous front break reflex squeeze - down on the right and then (2) had the bike on its side stand up in the Hunter and did not notice the one patch where the stand was resting was soft sand so I came out later and the old lady was on her side on the left.

Now I have both sides lightly scratched which s'''ts me off. If you spot good fairings (black for me like yours) I would be happy to look at a joint purchase and maybe we can edge the price down??

let me know

·
Gobi One
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys,

Appreciate the replies and still seems strange to me that OzzyFairings would fizzle as there are plenty of satisfied customers across all makes going back many years. Still nothing back on that score so will assume it has folded.

I put out an e-mail APB on fairings today.... many options (except black) at VicWreckers ($150 for RH) in Melbourne and chasing up from Metropolitan in Sin City too. They quote $95 but no idea of colour and condition. Will inspect VicWreckers tomorrow may go with a respray RH and repair the top fairing.

Appreciate support and hoping someone knows more about the OzzyFairings situation.

Cheers,

GO

·
Super Moderator
672 Posts
Hey Dave,

Yeah I'm one of Ozzy's satisfied clients.....

Can't help with suspected demise. Hope you can recover your $$

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Dave, Id be pissed right oFF and on the front foot, Where are they situated???, Id be bloody well finding out and sending a cbr member to the location just to find out if the doors are still open, or if there site has

some signage as to where they have relocated to and take it from there, I had to chase money for 22 years in my transport buisness and hate to be ripped off, Hope you the best of luck dave

·
Throttle MODulator
2,735 Posts
Low act. Take people's money then fold. Bet they knew when they took your bucks as well.

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
I've temporarily suspended his account. Sorry lads, best I can do for now, but it should at least serve as a warning to any other potential buyers.

·
Gobi One
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks again guys.

The OzzyMotorcycle Fairings website says Excelsior Street Parramatta (runs parallel to Woodville Rd) and Google Maps shows it between Park and Lackey Streets. But no house / business number so suggest I've done my dough. I know the phone message bank is being cleared as it was full over the weekend but available to take my message yesterday.... just no replies.

Grrrr. First loss on internet commerce for me in probably $3000+ of spending... again though, right up until now there were many satisfied customers so I'm wondering if Steve died or is seriously ill. Still, the phone message bank being cleared suggests the worst. %#@& it!!

Any further advice on a good alternative importer most welcome.

Thanks and cheers,

GO

·
Gobi One
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Same mobile phone number Leigh I'm afraid but thanks for checking.

Thanks for the support guys... just seems very strange it's all come unglued after 6+ years of good service.

A final question.... should a high quality paint job on on fairing side panel and the upper cost A$600+ with a bit of scratch repair in the deal? Sounds exxy but perhaps this is the glitter in the paint of a black 'Bird? Maybe my mind just needs tuning to the price of fairing repair work these days?

Cheers,

Gobi One

·
Throttle MODulator
2,735 Posts
A mate was quoted $2000 for a complete job ride in, ride out. That's everything that needs painting, tank, fairings, guard, mirrors etc.

·
Resident Eh?hole.
17,177 Posts
A final question.... should a high quality paint job on on fairing side panel and the upper cost A$600+ with a bit of scratch repair in the deal? Sounds exxy but perhaps this is the glitter in the paint of a black 'Bird? Maybe my mind just needs tuning to the price of fairing repair work these days?
Good paintwork is expensive. That price is certainly not out of line with what local shops here are charging. I was quoted about that much to spray (ONLY) my full fairing set, and that was me supplying the paint and doing all the prep - sanding, filling, priming, etc. and making them ready to blow paint onto.

·
just do it
5,669 Posts
A mate was quoted $2000 for a complete job ride in, ride out. That's everything that needs painting, tank, fairings, guard, mirrors etc.
That's a bit steep.
It might be cheaper if less labour was involved,as in removing the panels yourself and supplying them to the painter
The Fairings and rear cowl are quite easy and quick to remove,the nose and the lower v shaped panel might need more time and work.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
2 grand sounds pretty right for someone to do ALL the work. It cost me 1200 for a full repaint job about 6 years ago. Add to that all the decals as well. I think if I was going to respray my silver/grey Bird, I would do her in a nice rich flat RED. Not pearl or metallic. But that's only dreamin' .

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi all, I'm new to this. Some great info and banter. Have had my Bird for approx. 6 months. I've just returned from a 2 week trip to NSW. Visited Canberra, Batemans Bay, Sydney, Tascott and Maitland. While I was in Sydney I also had a mishap, found myself in a dead end st and tried chucking a u turn but fell slightly short, the street had a slight incline so when I stopped well you know what happens next, yep, down she came on the RH side needless to say it put a bit of a dampener on my until then awesome trip. I have been searching for fairings as well and found this Payment Methods. Great job on the site guys !

·
Registered
273 Posts
Sorry to hear of both your drop and your money loss.

Keep an eye out on Gumtree. Sometimes you'll find guys advertising fairings or complete bikes being parted out privately.

On the money side, if you paid with paypal you could try raising a dispute.
If you paid by credit card try giving your card issuer a call, they may be able to help. Possibly flag it with them as an unauthorised transaction.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts