Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the nose cone out today to get at the headlamp, in doing so I snapped a tab off the side of the fairing ( it came away in one piece ) what do you recommend to glue it back on ?

·
Older wiser and sorer
1,487 Posts
For plastic type fabrication of bits and joining of others ive used the permatex plastic weld 2 part quite successfully. In fact i had a crack across one of those tabs and currently nose is off with that stuff and a small bit of fine metal mesh strengthening around the tab. Seems to have worked.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies Guys..Three different recommendations..Plenty to think about.
Once again many thanks.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thanks for the replies Guys..Three different recommendations..Plenty to think about.
Once again many thanks.
Here is one more to think about!
GREAT TRICK I LEARNED IN LATE 80'S CYCLE WORDS "BEST TRICKS FOR QUICK EASY REPAIRS". BAKING SODA AND CRAZY GLUE! APPLY SMALL AMOUNT OF CRAZY GLUE TO CLEAN SURFACE THEN SPRINKLE BAKING SODA ON THE GLUE... UPON CONTACT THE BAKING TURNS HARD AS "CEMENT" AND YOU REPEAT THE PROCESS! IT IS SANDABLE AND PAINTABLE.
THIS WILL NOT WORK ON NON POROUS OBJECT SUCH STEEL OR GLASS.... EASY SIMPLE AND QUICK! MADE MANY SMALL REPAIRS ON A NUMBER OF BIKES! INCLUDING BROKEN TABS.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Do to many crack repairs I've used everything and combos from superglue/ epoxy/popcycle stick plus bondo. Last has been plastic weld and bondo or plastic filler.
ffd6952e35135281104ab412d4e107e6.jpg IMG_8016.JPG IMG_8018.JPG IMG_8615.JPG It was a bit easier having a cracked bike to work with as apposed to pristine beaut like alot of these guys have. :thumb:

·
Registered
986 Posts
When I had my nosecone off to fix a crack, one of the tabs that held the nose vent box in place came off and another tab was loose so I glued them with 24 hour Araldite and then fibre glassed all of the tabs to make sure and then gave them a spray of grey paint to hide them ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts