Honda CBR XX Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Administrator
9,219 Posts
If you scroll down in the description it states 6. Again I apologize. For the mixup

Reactions: kavallero

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
If you scroll down in the description it states 6. Again I apologize. For the mixup

You are correct, it reads 6mm, all good, just cancelled the transaction.
The same seller doesn't seem to sell 8mm .. you mentioned a link above?!

·
Administrator
9,219 Posts
Reactions: kavallero

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Here is the link for the 8mm

Yep, 8mm, just ordered, thank you.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I would think those missing push pins would contribute to noise when going over bumps!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

After removing the lower fairings and the V panel, I pushed my hand under the nose, and reached one of the air intakes {left one}). I pushed it up and down, it was pretty free ..(not attached at the front at all) and the noise that the bike was making when going over the bumps - was exactly that. Go it, now I need to dismantle the cone and all that to reach under, and see what's going on.

I did not use any manual, I hope I'll be fine in putting it back together ..!

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,316 Posts
After removing the lower fairings and the V panel, I pushed my hand under the nose, and reached one of the air intakes left one). I pushed it up and down, it (was pretty free ..not attached at the front at all) and the noise that the bike was making going over the bumps - was exactly that. Go it, now I need to dismantle the cone and all that to reach under, and see what's going on.
Ok, just loosen the cone. Then remove a little access plate under the nose and reach up and place the intake ducts in place. They will kinda be tough then they snap in place. You'll know when they align by looking at them and they are surrounding the painted part of the inlet. Then carefully push the nose cone back in place. I just did this for the first time this past spring and it took me a couple of times.
The last two photos are examples of what not to do as those intakes are positioned wrong. The first three are correctly positioned.
Good luck.
Sent from my SM-N960U

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I put a button of 100% silicone on the touch points of the ram air ducts and let dry overnite before reassembly. This quietened things down considerably.
Also, there are a few hidden push pins holding the ram air to the side panels. Very hard to reach, but not impossible if you know where they are.
+1 XXGUY above.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Ok, just loosen the cone. Then remove a little access plate under the nose and reach up and place the intake ducts in place. They will kinda be tough then they snap in place. You'll know when they align by looking at them and they are surrounding the painted part of the inlet. Then carefully push the nose cone back in place. I just did this for the first time this past spring and it took me a couple of times.
The last two photos are examples of what not to do as those intakes are positioned wrong. The first three are correctly positioned.
Good luck.
Sent from my SM-N960U

Thank you.

As you can see, both out of wack .. big time.

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,316 Posts
Should be fairly easy fix. Unfortunately I believe you have to take the mirrors off to loosen the nose cone. Remove the plate under the nose and try moving them first if the mirrors aren't off yet.
As long as the mirrors are off you might as well get some clear lenses and LED bulbs and turn those turn signals into Daytime Running Lights!!! You'll need a new flasher relay though.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Should be fairly easy fix. Unfortunately I believe you have to take the mirrors off to loosen the nose cone. Remove the plate under the nose and try moving them first if the mirrors aren't off yet.
As long as the mirrors are off you might as well get some clear lenses and LED bulbs and turn those turn signals into Daytime Running Lights!!! You'll need a new flasher relay though.

Will attend to this in the afternoon.

Already installed the clear lenses recently, the relay is in the mail.

How do you turn the turn signals into Daytime Running Lights, any link please.

Attachments

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,316 Posts
If you have clear lenses and LED switch back bulbs. They will power up and be a bright white LED until you turn the turn signal on. Then the white LED elements shut off and switch back to a ring of amber LEDs.

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,316 Posts
You have two colors of led .

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
In Australia there is no DRL circuit going into the mirrors so fitting switchback LEDs will require you to change the bulb holder in the mirrors and add extra wiring to the mirrors for the +12V to drive the DRL part of the LEDs. Not too difficult, but also not just a plug and play option either. If you search on this forum you will find info on how to do this if you want to go down that path.

Like this thread: HOW TO - fit DRL's/switchback indicators to UK bird
(But note there is no "sidelight" installed in Australian Birds [in UK there is a small dim bulb in bottom of headlight, in Australia used to be called parking lights when they were in cars], so the 12V source will need to come from somewhere else)

·
Administrator
12,898 Posts
This could be the answer to the noise that I hear from the front when riding over minor pot holes or bumps.
Possibly but more likely that the push pins that hold the ram air tubes in place have fallen out / not been replaced at some time in the past. You can check these with the fairing lowers off or by gaining access by removing the front clock infill panels.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Possibly but more likely that the push pins that hold the ram air tubes in place have fallen out / not been replaced at some time in the past. You can check these with the fairing lowers off or by gaining access by removing the front clock infill panels.

I'm yet to get there, but after removing the lower fairings and V panel, I can see that many of the push pins are missing.

How on earth the fairings did not fall of the bike previously?!??

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Here is the link for the 8mm

Looks like there are 2 types of push pins on the Bird, 6mm and 8mm, correct?

I can see there are some smaller and also bigger push pins ... about 25% are missing and about 20% are damaged, like this one ...

21 - 40 of 58 Posts