Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to start removing lower fairings (both sides).

Looks like it's not that hard, but please feel free to give me some suggestions, so the task goes smooth and safe ..

Cheers lads!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Very easy to take apart but more tricky to reassemble. Best to get a 10 pack of push pins part 91549MW0790ZA or you will run out for sure.

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,316 Posts
Make sure you keep track of which bolts go where and make sure they get back to the same hole. They aren't all the same. Same with the plastic push pins too. Follow the manual and it will go well. There is a copy of the manual somewhere on the forum if you don't have a paper copy.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: kavallero

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks lads, would this work or should I look for the original Honda ones ...

·
Administrator
9,219 Posts
Them'll work. Be patient there's a couple hidden ones up on the inside of the V cowl center panel.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just took off the left lower side and noticed that 3 of the 4 push pins were missing (on the inside of the V cowl center panel ..).

This could be the answer to the noise that I hear from the front when riding over minor pot holes or bumps. I was previously thinking of the bearing (under the handle bars, in the middle).

Already ordered a pack of 10 of push pins, hopefully these will sort the issue with the noise ...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those 2 holes at the bottom of the fairing .. is this where the push pins should be as well?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Different, slightly larger push pins go there. I went with 2x 1/4" plastic nut/bolt from local hardware store instead.

FYI: pull up parts schematic from any online OEM Honda parts house to see what push pins go where, or for that matter, any parts on the bike.

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,316 Posts
Yes and where those 2 lower push pins go... they kinda lock together. They just don't push together. So look at that when putting it back together.

I would think those missing push pins would contribute to noise when going over bumps!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Different, slightly larger push pins go there. I went with 2x 1/4" plastic nut/bolt from local hardware store instead.

FYI: pull up parts schematic from any online OEM Honda parts house to see what push pins go where, or for that matter, any parts on the bike.
Thanks, would you have a link, as I'm unable to find it, cheers.

·
Administrator
9,219 Posts
Yes
They're perfect and the low profile works great to keep it from getting torn out.

·
Administrator
9,219 Posts
Your welcome. I use them in place of all the regular ones. You have to trim the pin on some of the v infill panels. Mainly the ones up towards the top. Because the outer fairing lower is so close. On those 2 you can cut down the tip one set of notches. That way it can still be pushed in to release.

·
Administrator
9,219 Posts
Kava
I didn't notice but those are 6mm. Here is the 8mm that will fit. Sorry for the mixup.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts