Honda CBR XX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· 180 mph anyone?
56 Posts
Take off the bar end. Run your thinest flathead screwdriver under the grip as far as you can. Take WD-40 and run the red plastic tube alongside of the screwdriver. Spray until it runs back out. Rotate the screwdriver around the bar (repeat spray half way) the grip is now off in under 30 seconds:thumb: . I do this all the time.

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Apparently he is wanting to change the entire control setup to new heli bars, not just the grips. Help away guys.
yup, that is exactly what is up out with stock in with the heli. at 5foot 3 its a bit of a reach soooo, any ideas are certainly welcomed. this site can be quite helpful at times and pompus at others! and definantly HD oppsed. oh well 20k for old school technology really doesnt make sense, but sure sounds nice thanks again in advance for any help we will post before and after pic's after project is complete i belive it will be quite acceptable.:patriot: seems wierd to be placing an american flag on a jap site oh well when america can make a comprearble bike or car for that matter maybe things will change

· Registered
691 Posts
yup, that is exactly what is up out with stock in with the heli. at 5foot 3 its a bit of a reach soooo, any ideas are certainly welcomed.
I don't have experience with the Helibars, but did swap out to VFR bars. If you need help, I may be able to provide some insight. PM me with email or phone # and we can get together. I will be skiing tomorrow so may be late getting back to you! Good luck.

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey every body thanx air worked just fine installed heli bars,relocated seat lock and shaved rear fender down as shown on this site.also cut holes in fairing to install r&g frame sliders mon rest of parts go to painter.thax yall

· Registered
2 Posts
I’m a bit late to the party here, but looking to do the same thing, fit some helibars (5’2” so I know the stretch issue).

I read you use pressurised air from a compressor to get them off? Can I get some more details please? Also same to put them back on the new bars? Will I need to get glue to make them stay on the new bars?

· Registered
2 Posts
hey every body thanx air worked just fine installed heli bars,relocated seat lock and shaved rear fender down as shown on this site.also cut holes in fairing to install r&g frame sliders mon rest of parts go to painter.thax yall

I’m a bit late to the party here, but looking to do the same thing, fit some helibars (5’2” so I know the stretch issue).

I read you use pressurised air from a compressor to get them off? Can I get some more details please? Also same to put them back on the new bars? Will I need to get glue to make them stay on the new bars?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts