Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not wishing to hijack the thread on the 250mph bike I decided to start this one.
Mallow1 mentioned about rear mounted camera/s with a colour display screen.
Now given that the view from the Blackbirds mirrors , even with extenders is pretty poor ( especially with camping gear strapped on ) I was thinking what a great idea , so what system have you guys used or reccomend ?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Not wishing to hijack the thread on the 250mph bike I decided to start this one.
Mallow1 mentioned about rear mounted camera/s with a colour display screen.
Now given that the view from the Blackbirds mirrors , even with extenders is pretty poor ( especially with camping gear strapped on ) I was thinking what a great idea , so what system have you guys used or reccomend ?
Hey! Fellow Fighter Pilot! Had dual cam setup on my last project and doing the same for my second "makeover". GREAT addition! Screen was a tad small but could split in two so as to see both front and rear(OR record front and rear)The new cam I purchased is 24% bigger(Screen) with better cams. Will pull it out of my "Goody box" with all my other new items to go on my Bird and get a name and price... And pics!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Very much on my list of things to do. The Innovv systems get good review though I dont think they come with display screen(s), just DVR and cameras (BT/Wifi links to phones). The K2 was what I was looking at though I think they are up to the K5 now.

Issues I foresee… space to mount a screen under screen without blicking dash or satnat, anti-reflection and contrast/ brightness when using in bright daytime, headlight whiteouts to rear at night. Camera mounting (I'm a fan of inset into the tail and nose cone as per @Adyren and others). Then all the extra feature of crash footage, night visor, remote access, file formats, disc space etc

So very keen to hear members' view on best systems. @Lovin… look fwd to you pics etc

·
Registered
364 Posts
Okay so as promised here are some pics! Took a look at the K2, K3 and K5... K2 is going for just over $350 So U can almost guess what the other two cost! However VERY noice! I got the model below for $170US(On special last year) and is much better quality then my last cam and seems pretty decent. As Malo pointed out, the K series does NOT come with a display. Ya gots to use yur cell. I'd much rather keep my cell zipped up in my jacket! Like my last display, I had it "deep" inside on top of instrument cluster and with my "black" windscreen I could clearly see in the day and at night. About the glare... MMmmmm... that might be a problem seeing that I'll be placing it in the nose this time around. Will have to see! But! If Beestoys had any glaring problems I'm sure he would have mentioned it. Not worried about rear cam.

cam pic 1.JPG

cam pic 2.JPG

cam pic 3.JPG

cam pic 4.JPG

cam pc 5.JPG

cam pic 6.JPG

cam pic 7.JPG

cam pic 8.JPG

cam pic 9.JPG

cam pic 10.JPG

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay so as promised here are some pics! Took a look at the K2, K3 and K5... K2 is going for just over $350 So U can almost guess what the other two cost! However VERY noice! I got the model below for $170US(On special last year) and is much better quality then my last cam and seems pretty decent. As Malo pointed out, the K series does NOT come with a display. Ya gots to use yur cell. I'd much rather keep my cell zipped up in my jacket! Like my last display, I had it "deep" inside on top of instrument cluster and with my "black" windscreen I could clearly see in the day and at night. About the glare... MMmmmm... that might be a problem seeing that I'll be placing it in the nose this time around. Will have to see! But! If Beestoys had any glaring problems I'm sure he would have mentioned it. Not worried about rear cam.

View attachment 131389

View attachment 131390

View attachment 131391

View attachment 131392

View attachment 131393

View attachment 131394

View attachment 131395

View attachment 131396

View attachment 131397

View attachment 131398
That system certaintly ticks most of my boxes.
High quality wide angle lenses.
Waterproof ( essential ) removable ( essential ) monitor.
Night vision.
Just have to find a uk supplier for it ( or very similar) now.
For me I want the luxury of the monitor whilst I am riding especially to see whats coming up behind me, ie Police,lunatics in cars, and with camping gear on, to see if its ok to overtake etc etc.
I see on some of the high end ,high price systems the monitors are not waterproof and it is advised for them to be connected and stored under the seat ???? They are 'aving a laugh surely ?

·
Registered
364 Posts
That system certaintly ticks most of my boxes.
High quality wide angle lenses.
Waterproof ( essential ) removable ( essential ) monitor.
Night vision.
Just have to find a uk supplier for it ( or very similar) now.
For me I want the luxury of the monitor whilst I am riding especially to see whats coming up behind me, ie Police,lunatics in cars, and with camping gear on, to see if its ok to overtake etc etc.
I see on some of the high end ,high price systems the monitors are not waterproof and it is advised for them to be connected and stored under the seat ???? They are 'aving a laugh surely ?
Yep! Quite happy with this system. Now... push come to shove IF you REALLY want it U could purchase it with my address and I'd send it to ya! Up to you if you don't find what yur looking for or if yur looking to save from having to pay $350US to $800+! Be glad to help out a Fellow Fighter Pilot! I've purchased from members here a number of times...

·
Play, it makes life fun
2,106 Posts
I just tapped your link... it's down to $109 now.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: lovinmycbr1000f

·
Registered
17 Posts
View attachment 131399

View attachment 131400

View attachment 131401

View attachment 131402

View attachment 131403

View attachment 131404

Unfortunately this cam has no name? BUT here it is.

I currently have the rear cam with screen upfront aswell, I was thinking of doing the dual cam but put the screens in the Mirror housing. unfortunately I have custom billet Mirrors so doing the digital analogue dash ...what is this, this new mad hatter is talking about that think he is a clown....well, think Golf Vii, full digital screen. difference is the look of the dails/clock faces can be changed to BB Carb (analogue) or BB Fi look...done it before in one of my cars but the bikes not ready for it yet...

·
Registered
17 Posts
LoL....ok ok I started my first thread....

·
Registered
364 Posts
LoL....ok ok I started my first thread....
Well... Now THAT is customizing! Wow! Lololol VERY VERY NOICE JOB! Bravo!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts