Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
Did a search but could not find answers.
How high can you raise the handlebard before you have to do something to brakelines etc ?
And how will this affect the ride safety ?

Bob

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
I have Heli bars and I think it's up 1/1/2", out 1" and back an inch or so. No Idea about VFR bars. I did not make any adj to the brake/clutch lines and use Goodridge steel lines from Jaws.

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts
You can only raise the bars about an inch before having to trim off the lower guide on the master cylinder.. IMHO this in no way affects safety..

People are able to install helibars or VFR bars without any modification the then length of the brake lines...

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have fitted the jaws risers which r about 1 inch and don't think U could go much more without chaging ur throttle cable or clutch

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
About 3 inches, Rerouting gives the extra bit, After that you need longer cables and wiring,

Mine are 12 inches,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello to everybody,not long bought my blackbird with bar risers but still a bit low for me any suggestions about brining them up higher dont mind getting new lines see that guy in the picture has them up 12 inches dont want the quite as high but would like them a lot higher the other half said to change the bike but its to nice for the sake of bar risers thanks for any suggestions brian thomas south wales uk.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just installed Jaws risers and I have VFR bars. I also installed longer brake & clutch lines. Depending on how high you go, you might need to pop your windscreen off and cut a few zip ties off the electrical lines harness(also at a point or two along their length, wherever they are zip tied), which will also need a bit more room to move around-but no big deal.

·
Super Moderator
12,782 Posts
Helvet said:
In my opinion you win more by placing the handlebars closer than you win by placing them higher.
I agree, and whilst I now have the bars lower than std, having them swept back a small amount does make a vast difference. As always it is a case of find what suits you. Adjustable bars whilst relatively expensive (unless you make them as I did http://www.cbrxx.com/general-cbr-xx-discussion/8724-building-duck-71.html#post243314) are really worth the cash if you really want to fit to a bike.

·
Registered
548 Posts
To answer the second question, IMO the LSL bar conversion is The Way if you want bars that are significantly higher than stock. I've got VFR bars, which are in turn raised up about 5/8" on the fork leg (as far as can go w/ stock lines) and this isn't quite high or close enough for me. I have one of the kits incoming...will post up with results and impressions when I get it installed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts