Honda CBR XX Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator
9,280 Posts
I thought pitting is somehow different issue than chipping altogether ..

Technically yes but it gets used as both in the above reference he's referring to stone impacts.

·
Administrator
9,280 Posts
Yep technically it is.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Lately I’ve been hooning around on the Bird without the lower cowls? The nose cone and every other panel is still in place just not the 2 large lower sides and the inner half cowl (i.e., the 2 side fairings and the y piece).
Do you think this is okay? Or, could I be damaging stuff?

Thanks for you help
You can buy mini fairing bottoms from WeBike in Japan like these ones. Maybe these will support the nose cone? Plus it would make it look more finished?

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

·
Older wiser and sorer
1,652 Posts
I just made enquiry with them about the magical racing one and they said its only up to 1999 model.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
You can buy mini fairing bottoms from WeBike in Japan like these ones. Maybe these will support the nose cone? Plus it would make it look more finished?

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
Cheers, I agree, its a good option, thanks. Mini cowls will provide support, look finished and keep the engine accessible for maintenance, cleaning etc. Is Webike the only organisation that supply these?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
.. and good luck once you decide to put the lower fairings back on...!!
I always attach the inner half cowl (v piece) to one of the lower cowls before reassembly. Works well for me and goes in much easier than trying to do each individual piece at a time. I tried that once and got really annoyed as it took ages to get it back together. Last time, it only took me 20 minutes as I have worked out a system…hopefully you will to.

·
Older wiser and sorer
1,652 Posts
What’s the “magical racing one”?
The first picture. Im waiting on a message from webike about the other set for a couple of questions i have. Then i might press the button. Expecting a couple of months wait at least.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
The first picture. Im waiting on a message from webike about the other set for a couple of questions i have. Then i might press the button. Expecting a couple of months wait at least.
Please keep me updated mate. I’d love to know how you get on with these parts. Thanks.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I always attach the inner half cowl (v piece) to one of the lower cowls before reassembly. Works well for me and goes in much easier than trying to do each individual piece at a time. I tried that once and got really annoyed as it took ages to get it back together. Last time, it only took me 20 minutes as I have worked out a system…hopefully you will to.
I agree.
And as someone else mentioned, having a pack of 10 new push pins is the must !!

·
Older wiser and sorer
1,652 Posts
I agree.
And as someone else mentioned, having a pack of 10 new push pins is the must !!
Does anybody know what set(s) of pushpins are the equivalent at supercheap or autobarn etc in australia?

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Older wiser and sorer
1,652 Posts
Please keep me updated mate. I’d love to know how you get on with these parts. Thanks.
Ok, here is the reply.
PRODUCT
A-TECH Half Side Cowl Set
Product # H26061 
https://www.webike.ph/products/1531791.html

QUESTION 1. is this a set for both sides L and R? ....
ANSWER....it is a set for both sides L and R..
QUESTION 2. It is a product that has to be made after ordering, how long
does it take to be made and then shipped? ......
ANSWER....Delivery date will be about 6 months. (arrgghhh)..and no mention if it is made oafter order but I presume so, given the delay.
QUESTION 3. it says it is "Compatible with stock upper and upper cowl made
by A-Tech"..Does this mean it is compatible with the ORIGINAL Honda upper
nose and pieces for a Honda Blackbird 2000 model?.....
ANSWER...We have manufactured products for 1999 genuine vehicles.
Normally, it can be installed in the 2000 model.
(It will be a common product until 2006)

So there ya go.
I'm so tempted to place the order and maybe have a birthday present in April..But faaaark, what a delay.
Who knows with correspondence like this that whether it means 6 months to me or to them before shipment.
cheers peter

·
Registered
621 Posts
I believe helicopter tape was designed for the leading edge of the rotors, so it's quite tough. I used some on the sills of my car too, as it stops feet scratching them.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts