Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1099 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some pics of my Blackbird project , 2 years of blood sweat and a lot of 4 letter words

Attachments

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More pics, to see the rest goto the gallery

Attachments

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mods to date include Sp1 forks resprung and valved ,Harrison billet 6pots brembo 320mm disc every brake pipe replaced with braided stainless,1197 wisco pistons ,kent cams , flat slide carbs, stainless valves,titanium retainers head spent 60 hours on a flow bench. with reshaped inlets and exhaust ports and combustion chamber. Dyna 2000 ignition, Balance shafts when in the bin the hole motor balanced to F1 SPEC. kevlar and stainless clutchplates , 1 off carbon seat ,tank and fairing , titainium 4 into 2 into 1 exhaust, Dymag wheels, all spindle replaced with 1 off billet titanium shafts, 1off titaniun and stainless cush drive. And the really scary thing is she's not finished.

·
Registered
759 Posts
do you have a different bike you get to ride? man that's a lot of work you're doing! What's your goal, just to make it really fast and unique?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wanted to build a true 200mph blackbird that is road legal without no2 or forced induction , the style thing just sort of happen as I was helping a friend with GRP moulding and ask how hard would it be the design my own seat unit 3 months later I had prototype No3 out of the mould then moved on to the tank and the nose cone . The motor has just be me seeing how far I could go on my bugget. 95% of all the machining and fabrication work has been done by me with help and input from friend who are expert in there fields.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the basic shape of the new seat was based on a 916 but it's very much modified. see pic's

Attachments

·
... Get A Good Lawyer !
3,082 Posts
Nice project ! :thumb:
But I guess you poms have plenty of time to pursue indoor hobbies .............. What ! With the world famous weather and all :p

·
Premium Member
5,896 Posts
:nworthy:

·
Premium Member
6,950 Posts
Looks great. Like Taetor mentioned. I hope you have something else to ride while you are working on this.

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
Deep pockets no doubt. Good job!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did have but I sold it to pay for more bits so I am looking for a cheap run a round at the moment.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's some pics of a GRP dummy tank I have just made for a guy who is building a blackbird drag bike. The dummy tank is covering a alloy tank that sits a lot lower in the frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
More pics

Attachments

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Wreckless , she's down to a trim 182kgs wet with the biggest savings coming for the exhaust and wheels , the most expensive was the tank and seat unit , its getting harder and harder to save anymore. One thing on the list is an alloy rear subframe,but time and money is the limiting factor on that one at the moment.

1 - 20 of 1099 Posts