Honda CBR XX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have model 1997 carburator xx1100 with 90000km, i have had it for 8 years/50000km.

Now have a problem with it; starts well but jerks during acceleration and lacks power. gasoline consumption is over 10 liters per 100km!
All the plugs are similary black.
I Have changed sparkplugs, plugwires, coils, air cleaner, voltage regulator, battery and fuel filter & carburators have been cleaned and adjusted.
No help.
i don't think it's due to the valves because sometimes the fault is worse and sometimes a little better, but its always on.

Could it be ignition control module or pulse generator? How can i test them? Any other ideas?

this bike has been very durable and reliable but now i no longer know what i would do.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Has your ECU possibly come loose? I had a similar problem with a '97 bird that had a fender eliminator kit installed when I bought it. The ECU wasn't in it's normal place because of the chopped fender so it was held in place by a small bungie cord. My ECU had worked its way loose and was flopping around under the seat and that's when the weird performance started. It would stutter like it was misfiring. After I strapped down the ECU again it went back to normal. I don't know exactly why, but the ECU doesn't perform normally when it moves around and needs to be secured to work correctly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts